- 10 guest reviews
"Manager tried to convince my wife & myself that the Pork Wellington was ok to eat. The fact was my wife felt most of the pork was not edible..."
"A really lovely room (kindly upgraded after we arrived late) and the bar knew to expect us and didn't mind that we were there somewhat after..."
"One night stay on business and couldn't have wished to find a more welcoming reception. Accommodation was excellent, clean spacious room and..."
"Lovely place to stay while visiting family. Food was excellent and accommodation very comfortable. Only one minor request, it would be nice..."
"Really high standard accommodation and very helpful staff. Highly recommended...."
About the hotel
15 Minutes from Colchester and Ipswich, 5 minutes off the A12 - The Crown boasts wonderful views across the Stour and Box river valleys, this privately owned inn is set on a hill in the picturesque village of Stoke-by-Nayland, on the Essex and Suffolk border. The eleven rooms are quietly located to the rear of the property, in an area designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty. With a passion for good service, food, wine and real ale, The Crown offers a 2 AA Rosette very busy award-winning restaurant.
Using local produce, the kitchen prepares home-made food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A delicious full English breakfast is included in your tariff for Deluxe and Executive rooms and can be added as an extra for Standard and Superior rooms. It is served from 7. 30. For those making an earlier start a continental style breakfast with freshly baked breads, homemade jams and marmalade can be served in your room. During your stay at The Crown you can explore the wonderful surroundings, including the historic villages of Dedham, Lavenham, Kersey, Clare and Long Melford. The countryside is also ideal for walking and cycling.
Showing Wednesday 14 October 2015 to Thursday 15 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Resturant lady manager Food Debate
Manager tried to convince my wife & myself that the Pork Wellington was ok to eat.
The fact was my wife felt most of the pork was not edible because of its texture as it was rare and showing blood.
I could see myself that the pork was rare and not pink, but the manager still came back with excuses for the poor cooking of the pork. To me this reflects back to the staying at the hotel.
Charming & Friendly
A really lovely room (kindly upgraded after we arrived late) and the bar knew to expect us and didn't mind that we were there somewhat after our actual reservation.
Bar staff were very helpful about food and wine choices. Overall a really relaxing stay.