- 38 guest reviews
"I thought it was nicely done. Beautiful house but rough area. There is no ensuite but shower in the room. Very clean. Bed not bad in general..."
"Super friendly hotel with lovely attention to detail everywhere. Highly recommended for a wee break in Glasgow: comfy rooms with some lovely..."
"Exceptional customer service, meet and greet, first names, very personal. would recommend to anyone staying in the Glasgow area...."
"great place to stay staff very good..."
"Very friendly, personal service, made to feel welcome and beautiful room..."
About the hotel
PLEASE NOTE; CHECK-IN IS BETWEEN 10am - 9pm (all rooms guaranteed ready by 2pm). EARLIER or LATER CHECK-INS TO BE ARRANGED PRIOR TO BOOKING/ ARRIVAL. Once checked in, you get your room key and front door key and can come and go as you please.
The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House, which overlooks Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University. This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (The Maclellan Gallery, Rennie Mackintosh's Glasgow School of Art, Willow Tea Rooms, Modern Art Gallery, George Square, the Lighthouse, Theatres etc. ); The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Hunterian Museum & Gallery, Mackintosh House, Kelvin Hall, Museum of Transport, Botanical Gardens, Byres Road, Ashton Lane etc. ); Riverside (Science Centre, IMAX Cinema, the S. E. C. C. etc. ). Also within 2 minutes walk are some of the best restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs in Glasgow. We are only ten miles from Glasgow’s International Airport (20 minutes by car). Kelvin Hall and Kelvin Bridge underground stations are 5-10 minutes walk away and Central & Queen Street Stations only 5 minutes by taxi. All local buses, to almost all of Glasgow, as well as the Glasgow Tour Bus are 2 minutes away. Day trips touring the West Coast, Highlands, Loch Lomond, The Trossachs and The Clyde Valley are all within easy reach.
Showing Saturday 25 April 2015 to Sunday 26 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, CD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Mountain Bike Hire, Croquet, Bowls, Tennis Courts
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Alamo Guest House in Glasgow are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Pleasant and quiet place
I thought it was nicely done.
Beautiful house but rough area. There is no ensuite but shower in the room. Very clean. Bed not bad in general but cheap quality mattress. Too many strict rules in the place I felt like being back at uni accommodation.
Helpful owner and would certainly consider staying there again if needed despite the not so negative points.
A friendly hotel in a great location
Super friendly hotel with lovely attention to detail everywhere.
Highly recommended for a wee break in Glasgow: comfy rooms with some lovely antique furniture and right next to Kelvingrove Gallery.