- 35 guest reviews
"Very friendly host. House is beautifully furnished. Delicious breakfast (lot of choices). Address to come back...."
"A beautiful converted Victorian house in a wonderful location overlooking Kelvingrove Park - tastefully decorated and homely feel. I inadve..."
"I thought it was nicely done. Beautiful house but rough area. There is no ensuite but shower in the room. Very clean. Bed not bad in general..."
"Super friendly hotel with lovely attention to detail everywhere. Highly recommended for a wee break in Glasgow: comfy rooms with some lovely..."
"Exceptional customer service, meet and greet, first names, very personal. would recommend to anyone staying in the Glasgow area...."
About the hotel
PLEASE NOTE; CHECK-IN IS BETWEEN 10am - 9pm (all rooms guaranteed ready by 2pm). EARLIER or LATER CHECK-INS TO BE ARRANGED PRIOR TO BOOKING/ ARRIVAL. Once checked in, you get your room key and front door key and can come and go as you please.
The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House, which overlooks Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University.
This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (The Maclellan Gallery, Rennie Mackintosh's Glasgow School of Art, Willow Tea Rooms, Modern Art Gallery, George Square, the Lighthouse, Theatres etc. ); The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Hunterian Museum & Gallery, Mackintosh House, Kelvin Hall, Museum of Transport, Botanical Gardens, Byres Road, Ashton Lane etc. ); Riverside (Science Centre, IMAX Cinema, the S. E. C. C. etc. ). Also within 2 minutes walk are some of the best restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs in Glasgow.
We are only ten miles from Glasgow’s International Airport (20 minutes by car). Kelvin Hall and Kelvin Bridge underground stations are 5-10 minutes walk away and Central & Queen Street Stations only 5 minutes by taxi. All local buses, to almost all of Glasgow, as well as the Glasgow Tour Bus are 2 minutes away. Day trips touring the West Coast, Highlands, Loch Lomond, The Trossachs and The Clyde Valley are all within easy reach.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, CD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Croquet, Bowls, Tennis Courts
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Bed and breakfast with character
Very friendly host.
House is beautifully furnished. Delicious breakfast (lot of choices). Address to come back.
A beautiful converted Victorian house in a wonderful location overlooking Kelvingrove Park - tastefully decorated and homely feel.
I inadvertently booked a room without en suite, so had to use the communal bathroom/power shower room, which initially filled me with dread; however, I was very pleasantly surprised as this was not really an inconvenience and the facilities were near the room and immaculately clean. (I was also offered a Robe for walking to and from)
I look forward to staying here again.