- Very Good
- 110 guest reviews
"I was upgraded as the room I had booked was not available...."
"Enjoyable stay. Very pleasant and helpful staff..."
"Hotel had a Thai restaurant attached to a standard hotel, the restaurant turned out to be surprisingly good. Had a dog with me as I was dog..."
"Fantastic value for money being a very clean and well run hotel taking into account the price paid...."
"Clean, tidy and comfortable. Really pleasant stay and a really good price...."
About the hotel
For whatever reason you have chosen to visit the North East, you will find that the Highfield Hotel is ideally situated for all amenities. As a base for your holiday you will be within an easy drive to the North Pennines, Hadrian's wall, Northumberland and the borders. To the east lie many coastal resorts and sailing facilities.
The ancient city of Durham with its Cathedral, Castle and market are just minutes to the south. For shopping you will be spoiled for choice. The world famous Metro Centre and Eldon Square are within 20 minutes drive and you will find the city of Durham and Sunderland a shoppers paradise. Our well appointed Star of Siam authentic Thai restaurant is the longest established Thai restaurant in the North East It caters for 195 persons giving them magnificent views of Penshaw Monument and surrounding valley. We are open seven days a week,serving lunch and dinners . Whether it's a simple business lunch for two or that special occasion, our menus will suit all. Six of our rooms have balcony's with views of Penshaw monument and surrounding valleys. Most of our rooms have free wi-fi connectivity, which is also available in the bar. which is ideal for that quiet meeting where coffee or snacks can be arranged.
Showing Monday 4 May 2015 to Tuesday 5 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Highfield Hotel in Houghton-Le-Spring are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
I was upgraded as the room I had booked was not available.
Very pleasant and helpful staff