- Very Good
- 94 guest reviews
"This is my hotel of choice whenever I visit the North East. And it simply keeps getting better and better. Great staff, Great food and a new..."
"Lovely friendly hotel. Very very clean and suited our needs. Close to Rainton Meadows Arena, so very handy. Just watch the slope through th..."
"The Hotel was situated around 5 miles from Durham City Centre, and around 10 miles from Beamish Museum, an ideal location for visiting both...."
"A good budget-class choice, rooms a bit tired, double glazing all steamed up in mine. Staff helpful and friendly. Bed clean and comfortable...."
"I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at Highfields. Good friendly staff, clean comfortable room. Good bar serving excellent bar meals,..."
About the hotel
For whatever reason you have chosen to visit the North East, you will find that the Highfield Hotel is ideally situated for all amenities. As a base for your holiday you will be within an easy drive to the North Pennines, Hadrian's wall, Northumberland and the borders. To the east lie many coastal resorts and sailing facilities.
The ancient city of Durham with its Cathedral, Castle and market are just minutes to the south. For shopping you will be spoiled for choice. The world famous Metro Centre and Eldon Square are within 20 minutes drive and you will find the city of Durham and Sunderland a shoppers paradise. Our well appointed Star of Siam authentic Thai restaurant is the longest established Thai restaurant in the North East It caters for 195 persons giving them magnificent views of Penshaw Monument and surrounding valley. We are open seven days a week,serving lunch and dinners . Whether it's a simple business lunch for two or that special occasion, our menus will suit all. Six of our rooms have balcony's with views of Penshaw monument and surrounding valleys. Most of our rooms have free wi-fi connectivity, which is also available in the bar. which is ideal for that quiet meeting where coffee or snacks can be arranged.
Showing Tuesday 13 October 2015 to Wednesday 14 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
This is my hotel of choice whenever I visit the North East.
And it simply keeps getting better and better. Great staff, Great food and a newly refurbished room. Very highly recommended!.
Fabulous nights sleep!
Lovely friendly hotel.
Very very clean and suited our needs. Close to Rainton Meadows Arena, so very handy.
Just watch the slope through the doorway on the first floor, I went flying. No bones broken I am glad to say.