- Very Good
- 51 guest reviews
"Very well situated to Durham. Great rooms for the price charged. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay again...."
"Very nice hotel. Room was spacious and with all the commodities. The staff very friendly and helpful. Easy to find and at excellent location..."
"Nice hotel, very friendly staff, good Thai restaurant on premises...."
"Room good value, nice and clean although standard of decor could be better. Rough plaster patch on wall, bathroom door hung upside down, chi..."
"Lovely place to stay. Will return...."
About the hotel
For whatever reason you have chosen to visit the North East, you will find that the Highfield Hotel is ideally situated for all amenities. As a base for your holiday you will be within an easy drive to the North Pennines, Hadrian's wall, Northumberland and the borders. To the east lie many coastal resorts and sailing facilities.
The ancient city of Durham with its Cathedral, Castle and market are just minutes to the south. For shopping you will be spoiled for choice. The world famous Metro Centre and Eldon Square are within 20 minutes drive and you will find the city of Durham and Sunderland a shoppers paradise. Our well appointed Star of Siam authentic Thai restaurant is the longest established Thai restaurant in the North East It caters for 195 persons giving them magnificent views of Penshaw Monument and surrounding valley. We are open seven days a week,serving lunch and dinners . Whether it's a simple business lunch for two or that special occasion, our menus will suit all. Six of our rooms have balcony's with views of Penshaw monument and surrounding valleys. Most of our rooms have free wi-fi connectivity, which is also available in the bar. which is ideal for that quiet meeting where coffee or snacks can be arranged.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
I'll likely pay more to stay elsewhere next time.
After a 3 hour drive at the tail end of a working day I was looking forward to comforts away from home.
On arrival, there was nobody at reception. I found someone at the bar to check me in. Nice enough chap and very pleasant, but I was given conflicting information. He gave me a room card and said I was in a room different to that written on the card holder... both rooms were on different floors and after 2 failed attempts I went back downstairs and met with an apology and told a different room number again. 15 mins to check in to a small hotel and 3 room attempts later I was in. Sleeping area was good and clean. The bathroom was tired and in desperate need of some love. A bath with a hole in it (no not the plug hole) had been repaired with sealant. Bath edging that was cut incorrectly and peeling away from the bath. No plug for the sink and the plug for the bath didn't fit the sink. Double glazing needs looked at, I could hear passing traffic with them shut almost as loudly as when they were open. Went downstairs to order food, tasted great and timely arrival. Would have been nice to have had condiments brought to the table.
Hello and thank you for your review. The room chosen was our very cheapest room at £41 per night so is the most basic accommodation that we do offer. The room you were given on the night is the next to be fully refurbished and work on the room is due to start this week. We do offer more expensive rooms which have already been refurbished which can be selected at the time of booking.
Great stay lovely Hotel
Very well situated to Durham.
Great rooms for the price charged. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay again.