- Very Good
- 82 guest reviews
"No complaints on room quality and staff always seem friendly. However, and this was no exception, the evening meal always seems to take a lo..."
"Could not find fault with this hotel. The staff were very obliging in finding us a table for dinner and the food and the service was first c..."
"This hotel provided good value overnight accommodation for our trip to Durham. The adjacent pub also provided good value meals. Together, a..."
"lovely setting a bit tired but very clean staff very helpful food and drink very good..."
"Really cheap if booked online. Massive room, TV. Bad reception, thin walls, some old people in room next door, could hear everything because..."
About the hotel
Nestling in a quiet country setting, surround by beautiful countryside the Chilton Country Pub and Hotel is ideally situated to place guests with in easy access to Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle city centres, therefore making this the ideal base for short breaks, business trips or Lesiure breaks or residential breaks. Offering lunch and dinner from our extensive menu's served in the comfortably appointed Bar/lounge with it's homely atmosphere, or the popular Orangery Restaurant, with a choice of fine wines carefully selected to compliment your meal, along with a good selection of traditional ales. Each of the 25 en suite bedrooms are all carefully designed and decorated to a high standard.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
No complaints on room quality and staff always seem friendly.
However, and this was no exception, the evening meal always seems to take a long time.
Our room was a good size but unfortunately there was a crack in the window, a large hole in the wall from the door handle, casing missing from the bathroom ceiling light, bathroom was minuscule and covered in black mould and the bed was so hard and uncomfortable.
It was broken and creaked loudly every time we moved. The bedlinen felt like it was old and dirty. We were unable to sleep properly. Luckily we were only staying one night. We would not recommend anyone to stay here.