- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel. Beautiful surroundings . Staff friendly.food delicious. Room clean and comfy. Would Def stay again...."
"All excellent! The hotel is in a superb location with fabulous walks from the doorstep. Food was wonderful - apparently the chef used to wor..."
"Tired and a bit grubby- you pay for the location and that's all you can expect unfortunately. The charge for the dogs made it too expensive,..."
"We stayed at the Monsal Head during a two day hike of the Derbyshire Dales. This is our second time at this hotel and like the first time we..."
"We have passed through this hotel for number of years and always loved the setting. We stayed for one night with our dog and could not have..."
About the hotel
The Monsal Head Hotel is situated overlooking the beautiful Monsal Dale in the centre of the Peak District National Park. It is three miles from the market town of Bakewll, with Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall a ten minute drive. We serve gorgeous, freshly prepared food and our portions are very hearty, we have a wide range of wines by the bottle or glass and all of our ales are cask conditioned and beautifully kept.
We serve a full seasonal menu plus specials menu from 12 O'clock every day and if the weather is typically british, then you can relax by one of our open fires with a good book and maybe even a malt whisky! There are many walks of varying lengths starting from the hotel making it an ideal walking centre and our rooms have fantastic views out over the Monsal Dale and Longstone Edge.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Meeting Facilities , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
monsal head hotel ..excellent .
Beautiful surroundings . Staff friendly.food delicious. Room clean and comfy. Would Def stay again.
The hotel is in a superb location with fabulous walks from the doorstep. Food was wonderful - apparently the chef used to work in a Jamie Oliver place. Our room was really good - lovely and warm, very clean, free tea and coffee, fabulous view and my husband thought the shower was the best he'd ever used.