- Very Good
- 1 guest reviews
"Very enjoyable and relaxing. The gourmet menu with wine was more expensive than on the web site. It's not cheap but it was very special. The..."
About the hotel
Lovelady Shield Country House Hotel has been described as England's best kept secret. This elegant Georgian country house hotel stands on the former site of a 13th century convent on the banks of the River Nent, nestling in the foothills of Alston Moor. The hotel is situated 2½ miles from Alston in Cumbria and is easily accessible from all parts of the UK.
Our location makes it an ideal centre from which to visit the Lakes District, Hadrian's Wall, the North Pennines, Durham Cathedral and the Yorkshire Dales. The hotel retains the ambience of a private residence and guests are warmly welcomed by the owners Peter & Marie Haynes. There are 3 acres of secluded gardens in which to sit and relax whilst enjoying views of the surrounding unspoilt countryside. For our guests who like walking, there are many walks and public footpaths on the doorstep. We have consistently received rosette awards from the AA for the high standard of our food.
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Very enjoyable and relaxing.
The gourmet menu with wine was more expensive than on the web site. It's not cheap but it was very special. The staff are extremely good and friendly