- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"A fantastic little bolt-hole, beautiful surroundings, great food and atmosphere in the inn. Perfect for a quiet weekend , near enough to Tau..."
"Absolutely marvellous accommodation. Peace and quiet throughout our stay. Lovely out in the sticks but near enough to town. In fact booked a..."
"Very warm welcoming staff. Lovely room in lovely location. Would definitely recommend! Very pleased..."
"Though basic, the room was warm, quiet and comfortable. The host was friendly and brilliant value for money. The home-made food was excellen..."
"the anchor inn is in a very quiet place about 6 miles from bishops Lydiard train station where we caught the steam train to Minehead, the ro..."
About the hotel
The Anchor Inn is a family run, freehold country inn, situated in the village of Hillfarrance between Taunton and Wellington. It prides itself on being a home away from home. All the rooms are ground floor and tastefully decorated and have hand picked soft furnishings for added comfort.
Two of the units have 2 bedrooms and therefore popular for familes and large parties e. g. golf weekends. ( less than 1 mile from Oake Manor Golf course) Situated on National Cycle Route 3. Payment will be taken from the card at the time of booking, cash payments not accepted. It serves home cooked, traditional pub dishes, such as its range of top and bottom short-crust pastry pies and mash, made using high quality, local produce. It has a good selection of vegetarian and fish dishes and the homemade puddings menu is especially popular. As well as a traditional public and lounge bars with beams and a feature dual-facing open fire, the Anchor Inn also has a stunning restaurant with a solid oak floor and large skylights. All public areas with free Wifi. Their renowned Sunday carvery is very popular and booking is essential. Three top quality westcountry meats are provided each week with a selection of local vegetables. Outdoors there is an orchard beer garden, a large Mediterranean style sun terrace and paddock used for family games that can be borrowed from the pub. The Inn also has five charming letting apartments within the grounds.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 18:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 23/09/2015 to 31/12/2024 - Payment by card only. No cash payments accepted. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
What a great find !!
A fantastic little bolt-hole, beautiful surroundings, great food and atmosphere in the inn.
Perfect for a quiet weekend , near enough to Taunton for any bits and pieces and nestles just south of the spectacular Exmoor national park. We will definitely be going back. The rooms are basic but very clean and tidy.
Absolutely marvellous accommodation.
Peace and quiet throughout our stay. Lovely out in the sticks but near enough to town. In fact booked an extra night. Definitely worth your visit.