- 13 guest reviews
"Very nice hosts and a wonderful stay...."
"Lovely place full of character, made to feel really welcome. Comfortable and cosy, breakfast really nice. Will definitely stay again, highly..."
"From arrival to departure a lovely overnight stay! Sharon and Nick were exceptionally warm hosts with a wealth of knowledge about the local..."
"Lovely hosts Room small but comfortable..."
"We were made very welcome by Sharon and Nick and had a great time. Thank you...."
About the hotel
Ty Seren (in English Star House) is a 209 year old former woolen mill located in the centre of the lovely market town of Dolgellau, Gwynedd. If you like peace and tranquility in an affordable family-run Bed and Breakfast then this is the place for you. The accommodation - all on the first floor - comprises 3 individually decorated en-suite rooms with tea trays and televisions; a family room sleeping up to four, a double room and a single room.
We can especially cater for groups of up to 6 Mountain Bikers coming to the nearby Coed y Brenin Mountain Bike Centre, as we have excellent storage in our large cellar and washing facilities for muddy bikes and clothes. The house has many character features, such as slate flagstones, oak staircase, large inglenook fireplace and oak beams, and also has the very unusual feature of an exterior 'stone' staircase winding round the back of the building. Ty Seren lies just off of the main square of Dolgellau, a minutes walk from the nearest pub/restaurant and also 2 minutes walk from Ty Siamas, the new National Folk Music Centre of Wales. The house itself has a checkered history, at one time being a pub called The Star (Seren is Welsh for Star), at another housing three evacuated families on the 'open plan' weaving floor up-stairs, we also have one of the earliest flat roof shop extensions in the area, circa. 1860!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 17:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 19/04/2016 to 19/04/2017 - This B&B has three rooms, The Carding room the weaving room and the spinning room/family, These rooms can only be booked once, the price of the room is based on the number of occupancy. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Very nice hosts and a wonderful stay.
Great place, lovely hosts
Lovely place full of character, made to feel really welcome.
Comfortable and cosy, breakfast really nice. Will definitely stay again, highly recommended