- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"Really enjoyable break in an excellent quality hotel, friendly staff with exceptional service at breakfast with Linda. Comfortable bed in lo..."
"Excellent in every way. Beautiful place, ideally located for cycling along the canal (and dedicated cycle pavement from hotel to canal), wit..."
"good location and friendly staff..."
"Very welcoming and unique, rustic and quiet. Very comfortable bed and lovely room with all amenities. Excellent value for money...."
"A lovely, welcoming hotel. The building itself was beautiful, filled with character and surrounded by manicured gardens. The room was huge -..."
About the hotel
The Moonraker hotell, a 21 bedroom Grade 2 listed Manor House situated on the outskirts of Bradford on Avon, Trowbridge and a 10 minute drive from the Spa town of Bath. Mentioned in the Domesday Book as being part of the Abbess of Glastonbury’s estate, the present Manor House was originally built in classic Queen Anne style before being upgraded in the 17th century. Purchased in July 2013 by Tudor & Lucy Hopkins (and Camber the dog) who have restored the hotel back to its former glory.
They have recruited Chef Matthew Briddon (River Cafe, Paul Heathcotes) who is busy preparing the hotels kitchen garden and on site smokery. Food is central to the Old Manor and not to be missed with everything being wither locally sourced or grown on the hotel grounds
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Massage, Table Tennis, Snooker/Billiards, Video/DVD Library
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 11 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
The Moonraker Hotel
I had requested a ground floor room, which we did have, but would also have liked a ground floor bed - not having to climb up 5 stairs to get to bed and to use the bathroom in the night.
We are both in our 80s and had to leave a light on all night to avoid falling down the steps. The room was very dark even during the daytime as there was not a window that you could look out of - only a very high small window. Regarding the dinner menu, there was very little choice and my husband did not find anything he could eat. Overall not a good experience.
Really enjoyable break in an excellent quality hotel, friendly staff with exceptional service at breakfast with Linda.
Comfortable bed in lovely period surroundings