- Very Good
- 30 guest reviews
"Hedgefield House is set in lovely well maintained gardens in a quiet secluded setting that is surprisingly close to Newcastle and the Metro..."
"A beautiful old building. the room and en suite were very big and beautifully furnished. Great value for money in a convenient location on a..."
"The grounds and house are massive but the rooms are not ensuite. The seperate bathrooms are however , finished to a very high standard. It h..."
"You'll not regret staying here. It is beautiful, quiet and unique. An old Manor House, decorated in far eastern furniture and objects, taste..."
"Old world splendour. Had a one night stay early May. 4 poster suite was excellent. This is very much a bed and breakfast establishment. Don'..."
About the hotel
Welcome to Hedgefield House, a stunning Georgian mansion set in four acres of beautiful award- winning gardens, on the edge of the Northumbrian countryside. The house has a colourful history, prior to being converted into guest accommodation. Dating back to 1804, we have documented evidence that Hedgefield House was the first home in Britain to have a telephone installed.
In 1877, the inventor of the telephone, Alexander Graham Bell, made the first experimental phone call from the drawing room to the local coal mine. We are ideally situated only 10 minutes from the city centre and Gateshead Metro shopping complex and 10 minutes walk to historic Ryton village, with its numerous cafes and restaurants. We are also only a short distance from the River Tyne and the Hadrian’s Wall walk. Its location makes it perfect for hikers, bikers and city visitors. All en-suite rooms are decorated and furnished in lavish French Louis style and are well equipped, maintaining many original features. A continental breakfast is also included. We have great leisure facilities for our guests to use, including a sauna, gym and relaxation area. Free parking is available for guests.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Gymnasium , Sauna , Massage , Fishing , Horse Riding , Sailing
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 30/04/2015 to 08/12/2024 - We do NOT accept stag, hen or similar parties. Non Compliance means CANCELLATION of booking BEFORE or ON ARRIVAL with NO REFUND. Children 6yrs.+ are welcome at adult rate. LATEST CHECK IN 9:00pm The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely quiet hotel
Hedgefield House is set in lovely well maintained gardens in a quiet secluded setting that is surprisingly close to Newcastle and the Metro Centre.
We were warmly welcomed and whilst being quite small and not en-suite was tastefully decorated and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent with a good choice (continental) and service was excellent. A very pleasant stay, thank you.
We only paid £49 on a Sunday for this room which I realize is very cheap but we were very disappointed the whole experience felt very strange and the room and house felt very tired and dated we definitely will not be returning