- Very Good
- 30 guest reviews
"Even though we were running late, the Hedgefield was accommodating. Their rooms were excellent, and really helped relax after a long drive...."
"Excellent friendly reception. Individual character room with fantastic en suite. Very clean and good continental breakfast. Excellent value..."
"room was a tad bit small but this was easily looked over by how comfortable the bed was, nice surroundings and beautiful view in the morning..."
"The room was first class as was the entire house. Beautifully decorated with lots of unique features and artifacts. The only down side was t..."
"A chilled atmosphere greets you as soon as you enter. A polite welcome awaits. Wonderful decor and surroundings. excellent continental break..."
About the hotel
Welcome to Hedgefield House, a stunning Georgian mansion set in four acres of beautiful award- winning gardens, on the edge of the Northumbrian countryside. The house has a colourful history, prior to being converted into guest accommodation. Dating back to 1804, we have documented evidence that Hedgefield House was the first home in Britain to have a telephone installed.
In 1877, the inventor of the telephone, Alexander Graham Bell, made the first experimental phone call from the drawing room to the local coal mine. We are ideally situated only 10 minutes from the city centre and Gateshead Metro shopping complex and 10 minutes walk to historic Ryton village, with its numerous cafes and restaurants. We are also only a short distance from the River Tyne and the Hadrian’s Wall walk. Its location makes it perfect for hikers, bikers and city visitors. All en-suite rooms are decorated and furnished in lavish French Louis style and are well equipped, maintaining many original features. A continental breakfast is also included. We have great leisure facilities for our guests to use, including a sauna, gym and relaxation area. Free parking is available for guests.
Showing Thursday 3 September 2015 to Friday 4 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Gymnasium, Sauna, Massage, Fishing, Horse Riding, Sailing
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 30/04/2015 to 08/12/2024 - We do NOT accept stag, hen or similar parties. Non Compliance means CANCELLATION of booking BEFORE or ON ARRIVAL with NO REFUND. Children 6yrs.+ are welcome at adult rate. LATEST CHECK IN 9:00pm The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
Many thanks for a great experience
Even though we were running late, the Hedgefield was accommodating.
Their rooms were excellent, and really helped relax after a long drive. The breakfast was fantastic with such a wide range of choices.
Quirky high quality accommodation
Excellent friendly reception.
Individual character room with fantastic en suite. Very clean and good continental breakfast. Excellent value for money. Breakfast starts at 7.30 and for the business traveller it would be good if breakfast was brought forward half an hour.