- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"Fun friendly cool place to stat..."
"The hotel was in a good state of repair. The showers we're not good temperature was not constant at all but apart from that all was good..."
"The only room available was a 2 bedroom apartment, but we went with that, although there was only the 2 of us and we were only staying 1 nig..."
"My boyfriend and I had a trip to Dover and we stayed at the White Cliffs for a night. The hotel is in a great location situated in only a fe..."
About the hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque village of St. Margaret's-at-Cliffe under a mile from the beautiful beach at St. Margaret's Bay in celebrated White Cliffs Country.
This is the closest hotel in England to the coast of France at Calais 21 miles away and is just seven minutes drive from the port and Cruise Terminal at Dover. The hotel is centred around an archetypal Kentish weather-boarded inn that dates back to the 16th Century the style captures the essence of life in coastal England with a contemporary atmosphere and a refreshingly independent feel. The Bay Restaurant & Bar is at the heart of the hotel, as the Michelin Guide would say 'it's the sort of place worth that's worth a detour' if passing through Dover. The place attracts locals who often drop in for lunch, afternoon tea or dinner with friends in the often buzzing and lively atmosphere. There's daily changing Blackboard Menu with The Catch of The Bay and more. There's also our Mile Away Menu on which everything on it comes from within a mile of us* and our Seasonally Changing Menu with some perennial favourites such as Fish & Chips in beer batter with real proper chips and mushy peas, 28 day hung Kentish Beef with Béarnaise, Romney Marsh Lamb, Monkshill Farm Pork Chops, Rope-grown Mussels in scrumpy and more. . . In winter, guests can warm themselves by our roaring log fires whilst in summer they are welcome to enjoy the sun in our beach style walled garden. You can even take a Spa Break here and benefit from the haven of peace and tranquility in the grounds of our sister hotel's fabulous Spa a two minute drive or short stroll away. . . The White Cliffs Hotel nestles in the heart of the village of St Margarets at Cliffe near Dover, Kent, a Dover hotel ideally situated only ninety minutes drive or 75 minutes by the new High Speed Train service from the city of London & seven minutes drive from the port of Dover. With ample FREE ONSITE PARKING The White Cliffs is a hassle-free alternative to hotels in the traffic-filled centre and port of Dover. PLEASE NOTE: ROOM RATES INCLUDE A NICE AND HEALHTY BUFFET BREAKFAST WHICH COMPRISES OF FRESH FRUIT, YOGHURTS, CEREALS, PASTRIES, TOAST & BREAD, JUICES, HAMS, CHEESES, TEA & COFFEE. A FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST IS AVAILABLE FOR FIVE POUNDS EXTRA PER PERSON
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Babysitting services, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Mountain Bike Hire, Fishing, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Games Console, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
60% would recommend it to a friend
The White Cliffs Hotel
Fun friendly cool place to stat
The hotel was in a good state of repair.
The showers we're not good temperature was not constant at all but apart from that all was good