- 17 guest reviews
"Whoop Hall gave us a well-needed break in a warm and welcoming environment. The hotel is perfect for families and their dogs and we were all..."
"Hotel was great.had great nights sleep.dinner lovely..."
"Enjoyable stay, very good food. Reception, bar and restaurant staff very pleasant and helpful. Some areas of the hotel getting a little tatt..."
"the hotel is very homely and comfortable with friendly service...."
About the hotel
This family run Hotel near Kirby Lonsdale is ideal for exploring the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales, has an indoor heated swimming pool, traditional log fires and free WiFi. Whoop Hall is uniquely positioned in the rolling countryside of North West England where Cumbria, Lancashire and Yorkshire meet with the coastline of nearby Morecambe Bay. This historical Hotel offers a wide range of leisure facilities, including Gym and 18 metre swimming pool, and welcomes families with children.
There is also a four-poster bedroom for those who value that added touch of luxury. All 24 rooms are en-suite, spacious and comfortable, to offer a relaxing ambience. All individually furnished and decorated in keeping with the character of the hotel. Rooms come complete with colour television, radio, direct dial telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. Also there are family rooms, and for disabled guests, specially adapted accommodation on the ground floor. There is ample of safe parking to the front and rear of the hotel. Guests can enjoy full complimentary use of the extensive facilities in the hotel’s country club, as well as enjoying the extensive landscaped gardens, a sun terrace and children’s adventure playground. Connor’s Restaurant – Whoop Hall is proud of its team of professional chefs, who create freshly made dishes on the premises using fresh local produce, which makes the restaurant and bistro firm favourites with locals and residents alike. Converted from a barn, the renowned restaurant sits on several levels, and features a minstrel gallery complete with oak beams. The informal atmosphere creates the perfect ambience to enjoy choosing from the varied menus, which are regularly changed to bring fresh delights to our diners. The Whoops comfortable bar host’s traditional hand-pulled ales, roaring log fires and welcoming staff. Live music is played in the bar several nights a week. To complete the dining experience, relax, unwind and linger awhile over coffee and aperitifs in the lounge. Turners Bistro – is open daily for breakfasts, lunches and evening bar snacks. Guests are able to choose from a wide and changing menu. All meals are created with the finest of local produce. In the summer months enjoy alfresco dining on the terrace, overlooking spectacular, panoramic views of the open countryside of three counties – Cumbria, Lancashire and Yorkshire. Guests can take advantage of complimentary leisure facilities at the hotels Country Club; facilities include 18m swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, sun shower and state of the art fitness studio. Also guests can indulge in the ultimate in pampering – the bliss beauty salon. This is where guests can enjoy a wide range of treatments to make them look and feel better. Guests can rest assured of professional advice and care. Whoop Hall is situated where Cumbria, Lancashire and Yorkshire meet just outside the well known unspoilt and historic market town of Kirkby Lonsdale, where visitors are welcome and a traditional market takes place every Thursday. Kirkby Lonsdale also boasts the famous Devil's Bridge spanning the river Lune, a renowned beauty spot popular with visitors and locals alike. The Lune Valley is a relatively undiscovered gem. An idyllic retreat playing host to some of the most beautiful countryside in England. A string of delightful villages awaits the visitor, who can explore ancient churches and walk along quiet lanes through woods and across hills, moor and pasture with stunning views at almost every turn.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Table Tennis
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
Avoid at all costs
Not a lot of choice of accommodation in the area as I needed to stay at short notice.
I was disappointed to find how far things had gone downhill in this hotel from the very nice place it was last time I used it.. Welcome was offhand. Room was shabby, albeit the bed was ok and it was clean. Worst was breakfast which was a meagre buffet offering, all fried and greasy, 1 egg on offer (despite arriving at 8 am on the dot when breakfast opened), and no other vegetarian choice. No vat invoice available.
Seems to cater for weekend road worker/workmen and groupon voucher visitors using the pool/gym. Travelodge is bottom of the market but it's better than this place. Avoid.