- Very Good
- 22 guest reviews
"I have stayed here many times and choose to book here when given the choice of Hilton across the road. The warm welcome is second to none. T..."
"Room was fine, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was terrible. Cold eggs and beans...."
"We really enjoyed our stay in one of the rooms with a four poster bed. The room was clean and tidy and very spacious. The only slight disapp..."
"charming hotel with very friendly and helpful staff, lovely old Victorian building full of character with high ceilings and intricate cornic..."
"real friendly staff, lovely room bigger than expected, large bathroom with corner bath..."
About the hotel
The Clifton Hotel is housed in an impressive silver sandstone Victorian terrace building. It is situated in Glasgow's prestigious West End and parallel to the famous Great Western Road. The ambience of the inner building takes on a Victorian grandeur from lighting to the spending furniture and fittings.
23 well appointed bedrooms are over 3 floors and are accessed by a traditional spiral staircase. All bedrooms are fully equipped with amenities such as Freeview TV, direct dial telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. Other facilities such as hairdryer and iron are available at reception. Breakfast is served in the dining room where an impressive choice of cooked and fresh produce is available. Easy access to Public Transport. Late check-in from 22:00 – 02:00 is possible for GBP 25 subject to availability and by prior arrangement. Late check-out from 11:00 – 14:00 is possible for GBP 25 subject to availability and by prior arrangement. Please note: These charges are payable on check-in. Public parking charges apply.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 04/04/2015 to 28/01/2024 - 1. Subject to availability & by prior arrangement, late check-in 22:00– 02:00 (£25) and late check-out 11:00– 14:00 (£25). 2. Standard booking, 100% of the first night deposit at the time of booking. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Better Than Hilton
I have stayed here many times and choose to book here when given the choice of Hilton across the road.
The warm welcome is second to none. The room is exceptional value for money ( I like room 10A as it has view of the leafy terrace with large opening sash window - way better than Hilton windows!). The owner is often on hand and is extremely lovely, smells divine and is most helpful at all times. The staff are extremely helpful, warm and welcoming and the breakfast is as good as any five star hotel. Parking is available and at only £5 is half the price of Hilton. The hotel could not really be situated in a better location with the famous Botanical Gardens within literally a 15 second walk - (and thats with short legs!). I will continue to recommend this hotel to all my friends. If you are looking for a real taste of Glasgow's West End I can not think of a better place to stay. Ample supplied of Tea, coffee, milk and sugar in room and good size tv. ( Three little niggles - 1) The bathroom tap could be doing with being secured 2) The bedroom door could be adjusted as it rattles open / closed every time someone enters the main entrance 3) The bathroom floow tiles are very shiny and lovely but extremely slippy - could almost be doing with warning notice. Asides from these few tiny niggles, I will give this hotel 5/5 as it trys in every way possible to look after its guests. Thank you for having me :-)
Room was fine, clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was terrible. Cold eggs and beans.