- Very Good
- 37 guest reviews
"Overall a stunning building housing a lovely hotel with an extremely comfortable bigger than usual room. Bad points disappointed that parkin..."
"I really enjoyed my stay at The Castle Hotel. From being met by Kim on reception until check out the stay was comfortable and enjoyable...."
"Nice hotel right in the middle of the town centre. However the double bed was incredibly uncomfortable due to being two singles pushed toget..."
"Could of done with sound proofing, I could hear the T.V from the next persons room...at 6am..thanks surprised at the lack of double glazing..."
"Catherine on reception & the Castle team took excellent care of me over the 2 nights I was there. A very relaxing experience...."
About the hotel
Once a Norman fortress, the Castle at Taunton has been welcoming travellers to the town since the 12th century. The Chapman family have been running the hotel for 60 years and in that time it has acquired a worldwide reputation for the warmth of its hospitality. Located in the heart of England·s beautiful West Country, the Castle is the ideal base for exploring a region rich in history.
Showing Sunday 24 May 2015 to Monday 25 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Castle Hotel in Taunton are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely comfortable room
Overall a stunning building housing a lovely hotel with an extremely comfortable bigger than usual room.
Bad points disappointed that parking was an additional £5 per day on top of the room price - could hear next room in their bathroom - and didn't think the cooked breakfast was very good, not much taste, wish I had gone for the cheaper continental breakfast.
Warm and Welcoming
I really enjoyed my stay at The Castle Hotel.
From being met by Kim on reception until check out the stay was comfortable and enjoyable.