- Very Good
- 15 guest reviews
"Beautiful building and great food. Rooms were clean, bed was dreadful. Staff were very friendly. Rooms were boiling with windows the only ve..."
"Excellent hotel, very traditional with friendly helpful staff. Location couldn't be better and while you're only steps from the Main Street..."
"several light bulbs needed in the room on arrival. Not very sound proof - hearing everything next door and snoring all night!!..."
"Customer service at all levels was excellent. Dining facilities were good and the quality of the food was outstanding, with lots of local pr..."
"Overall a pleasant experience...."
About the hotel
Located in the heart of the county town of Taunton, the majestic Castle Hotel provides the perfect base for exploring all that Somerset has to offer, from the rugged Quantock Hills to the gently rolling Blackdowns. If you’re looking for rest, relaxation and fabulous restaurants, then this is the place for you. The hotel’s flagship restaurant, Castle Bow, offers the finest of local ingredients, carefully prepared and presented, and served by friendly, knowledgeable staff.
BRAZZ, the open all day brasserie, serves freshly made pies and pastas, steaks and salad, and tasty puddings. Enjoy a full blown meal or simply pop in for a coffee or glass of wine. Our 44 bedrooms are individually decorated and offer comfort and space, and our breakfasts really are the best around. For those wanting to keep in touch we have complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 5 per day.
We are within easy driving distance of several Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, including the Blackdown, Brendon and Quantock Hills as well as Exmoor National Park. There are also plenty of historic houses and grand gardens to explore around us, and the Museum of Somerset lies on our doorstep.
For the business traveller we are conveniently located just two miles from the M5 and a very short taxi ride from the mainline train station. Bow bar is a great place to meet business colleagues be it to talk business or catch up over a coffee or beer. We also have five meeting rooms catering for up to 100 theatre style. Be assured that whatever the reason for your stay, you’ll be greeted with a smile and experience only the very best of West Country hospitality throughout your stay.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
Nice hotel with a couple of problems
Beautiful building and great food.
Rooms were clean, bed was dreadful. Staff were very friendly. Rooms were boiling with windows the only ventilation. Very loud nightclub across the road was pounding out bass heavy music til 4am very audible even with windows shut which made the room hotter. This was a Wednesday night!
One night's stay on business
Excellent hotel, very traditional with friendly helpful staff.
Location couldn't be better and while you're only steps from the Main Street it feels like you've stepped into a different world. Highly recommended.