- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"Staff efficient and pleasant when booking-in and when serving us a reasonably-priced and pleasant hot meal in the evening. The hotel backs o..."
"Being partially disabled the accommodation was as advertised most suitable. The staff and management were helpful friendly & kind...."
"An unexpected gem of a place. Excellent value for money. Friendly staff good service. Enjoyed our dinner and lovely breakfast. Plenty of par..."
"Large, comfortable and reasonably clean room. Double glazing seals not working very well which was a problem as the room faced the main road..."
"Very friendly and accommodating staff. The room was standard as described but very comfortable and bright and clean. The lake and rural veiw..."
About the hotel
The Halfway House Inn Country Lodge offers excellent Bed and Breakfast accommodation and is also an ideal wedding and conference venue. With a hotel and a beer garden, the hotel is ideally situated for both business and tourists to Yeovil, Yeovilton and Ilchester. We have 20 comfortably furnished en suite rooms available including a bridal suite, disabled friendly lodge and family rooms.
All rooms have TV, tea and coffee making facilites. Well behaved pets are accepted by prior arrangement. Free wireless is available. Free Fishing is available. We look forward to welcoming you.
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service
- Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Good evening meal, pleasant staff, but room had light-fitting which was noisy when switched off !
Staff efficient and pleasant when booking-in and when serving us a reasonably-priced and pleasant hot meal in the evening.
The hotel backs onto a small private lake with grass surrounds and overlooks countryside. But hotel fronts onto a road which is quite busy at commute-times, although it does quieten down very significantly overnight. The room, which was in the main part of the lodge, (rather than the courtyard rooms) was perhaps a little small for a twin bed, although adequate for a one-night stay. A more serious problem arose from the main light in the room, which when switched-off at night, nevertheless glowed a fairly bright green, which I presume was supposed to be some safety feature. However, this green light was far too bright at night and made it hard to sleep. Moreover, when switched off, this same light-unit which glowed green, also made a continuous annoying buzzing noise (similar to a buzzing transformer), which also made it very difficult to sleep. Hopefully this is a specific problem that can be rectified by the hotel, by simply replacing the central light fitting with a unit that does not glow brightly in the dark and is quiet - then I would be very happy to recommend this hotel for an overnight stay.
Fitted my needs for short term stay in all respects
Being partially disabled the accommodation was as advertised most suitable.
The staff and management were helpful friendly & kind.