"Fantastic value for money being smack bang in the centre of town. I was woken up by trumpets! Can get very noisy around nine in the morning...."
"It was a great hotel right in the middle of the town centre which was perfect for a night out...."
"Good value and convenient city centre hotel. A stones throw from New Street station, ideal venue for a group looking to stay for a night out..."
"I always stay here - it's very convenient, being right next to the train station and the customer that I visit here in Birmingham town centr..."
About the hotel
The Britannia Birmingham hotel is a traditional hotel which maintains most of its original architecture. The centrally located hotel stands in a prime position, within walking distance of New Street station, all major stores and the Bullring shopping centre. The 214 en-suite bedrooms are refreshingly decorated and comfortable with TV, Telephone Hairdryer, Trouser Press and Tea and Coffee making facilities.
Bar rogue is a relaxed and quiet bar that allows you to wind down with a drink or two. There are 10 Conference rooms available for any occasion and can cater for up to 200 people. WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News
- Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/03/2010 to 01/03/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
47% would recommend it to a friend
Utterly disgusted !!
The rooms are very basic and very untidy!!, booked through this site as a last min thing and was disgusted at the state of my room!.
Firstly upon entrance I noticed there was no AC, the receptionist was dripping of sweat (it was when we had a heat wave of around 2weeks) which my partner pointed out was a bad first impression. Being of the younger generation you think I may not mind certain things not being perfect, but this kind of took the biscuit. The toilet didn't flush properly, the window opened about 5 cm wide, the tap only had luke warm water, the bed sheets were dusty and to top it off the door didnt even lock !. (had to put a table infront of the door).
The standard of this hotel is very poor, you had people walking down the Hall way banging doors, and the smell of drugs was over powering . My partner was actually also bitten. We are not entirely sure what by but it was as a result of sleeping in the bed. Luckily I never got into the bed myself else I would of suffered the same fate. She is currently on a antibiotics as she had lumps behind her ear and in her head!. I was quite concerned when I reported this to the duty manager of the weekend, when told that my partner had been bitten she replied "we will call in the pest control" which by my taking is not the first time its happened.
I would never return to this hotel and I suggest anyone with a brain will pay extra money to avoid this place as quiet frankly, it needs knocking down!
Friday night, centre of Birmingham
Fantastic value for money being smack bang in the centre of town.
I was woken up by trumpets. Can get very noisy around nine in the morning.