- Very Good
- 30 guest reviews
"Great venue for meeting, the gardens and conservatory/dining area are excellent...."
"We liked the Bowburn a lot, an older hotel with character and set within pleasant surroundings. The dining area/large extended lounge was li..."
"Very helpful young man serving breakfast. Enjoyed our stay...."
"Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere...."
"We stay at lots of small hotels and this is one of the best for ambiance and service. Cooked breakfast is good but more ( different) fruit i..."
About the hotel
Bowburn Hall is a small country house hotel with 19 individually decorated bedrooms and a free large on-site car park . It is approximately 2 miles from Durham city centre with easy access to the A1(M) and only 7 miles from Newcastle city centre. All bedrooms en-suite, with satellite TV, tea/coffee-making facilities and direct dial telephone.
Conservatory restaurant, bar snacks and room service are all available. Breakfast is served from 7am until 9. 30am Monday to Friday and 8am until 10am Saturday and Sunday, in the conservatory overlooking the gardens.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Great venue for meeting, the gardens and conservatory/dining area are excellent.
We liked the Bowburn a lot, an older hotel with character and set within pleasant surroundings.
The dining area/large extended lounge was light and airy, well decorated and looked out over a large beer garden. Service was professional and prompt, and the food from the extensive menu was very good and plentiful. The hotel was well patronised by the locals, never a bad sign. The room we had was a bit on the small side, into which had been crammed the usual set of hotel furniture. That said, the bed was fine and we had little trouble sleeping. I'd say the décor was perhaps a bit in need of a revamp. Despite these minor drawbacks though, we'd be more than happy to return to the Bowburn next time we're in the area.