This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Built in 1888, 'The Shirley' is an individually-styled Victorian villa which still retains much of its original charm, warmth and character. Well-situated, facing south it has a heated outdoor swimming pool (available June until September) with a sun terrace. We have a comfortable, well stocked licensed bar/lounge serving a number of locally produced beers, branded spirits and quality wines from around the World, plus an elegant dining room for you to enjoy your freshly cooked full English or Continental breakfast.
All of our bedrooms are en-suite and fully equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, bottled water, Freeview colour TVs, FREE Wi-Fi connection, hairdryer and branded complimentary toiletries. Natural local spring water is also available on each of our landings and in the dining room. 'The Shirley' is quietly located away from the traffic noises of the main road, yet is only a seven minute walk from the harbour, marina and town centre with its vast array of bars, clubs, restaurants and shops. ‘The Shirley’ is also close to the Riviera International Conference Centre. Our location is ideally suited for exploring the beauty of Torbay with its miles of unspoilt coastline, 18 beaches (many of them have been awarded the Blue Flag award), secluded coves and the rugged Dartmoor National Park. Exploring the surrounding Devon countryside including the coastal towns of Dartmouth, Dawlish and Salcombe is a must with good bus and road links. Exeter is only 25 miles to the east and Plymouth 29 miles to the west. . For those of you wishing to travel to us by car, we also have a private on site car park and easy on-road parking. If the train is your preferred mode of transport then Torquay station is only just over a mile away. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure, you can be assured that our hospitality will allow you to relax, unwind and enjoy yourself.
Showing Wednesday 27 May 2015 to Thursday 28 May 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Outdoor Pool
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 30/06/2012 - PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT STAG PARTIES, HEN PARTIES OR YOUNG FARMERS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. The swimming pool is closed for the winter season and will re-open 1st July 2012. The LateRooms.com rates for The Shirley in Torquay are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet