- Very Good
- 47 guest reviews
"Excellent welcome by very friendly staff. They had thought to reserve a table for our evening meal. Food was excellent with generous portion..."
"A very enjoyable nights stay. Comfortable. Great food. Clean. Only spoilt at checkout by the rather grumpy bloke ( owner? ) who took our pa..."
"First and foremost thank you to all the hard working staff at The George for making our stay a very enjoyable one. Check in was efficient as..."
"This was a last minute booking, I liked the look of the place from the website and wasn't disappointed when we arrived. The room was clean a..."
"Nice pub, easy to find, just on the left as you come into Dent. They have information on short local walks and activities. Nestled in what i..."
About the hotel
Nestling in the heart of Dentdale a few miles from the market town of Sedbergh. Dent is renowned as one of the quaintest and prettiest villages in the Yorkshire Dales. Situated in idyllic countryside within easy reach of the Lake District and the West Coast, Dent provides the perfect holiday base.
The George and Dragon is a grade 2 listed building situated in the centre of Dent Village overlooking the famous Adam Sedgwick Memorial Fountain. The Main Bar area hosts a 42" Plasma Screen TV, Screening Live Sporting Events & Pool Room with Gambling Machine and Dart Board Traditionally furnished with relaxed public rooms the George and Dragon has two spacious dining areas serving home cooked meals daily 12 noon to 8. 30 pm. Tap House for Dent Brewery
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
The George & Dragon
Excellent welcome by very friendly staff.
They had thought to reserve a table for our evening meal. Food was excellent with generous portions. Really enjoyed the ales brewed in the pub. Great room with comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast in the morning set us up for the day. Will definitely recommend this to others.
A very enjoyable nights stay.
Comfortable. Great food. Clean.
Only spoilt at checkout by the rather grumpy bloke ( owner. ) who took our payment, muttering under his breath something about us being the last to checkout,( we weren't late in checking out, just last. ) It sort of left a bad taste. Incidentally all the other staff were delightful.