- Very Good
- 37 guest reviews
"When I stayed before I was in a 'lodge' at back of the car park. This time single room in the main hotel. Single bed which was fine, and big..."
"after a hectic drive down the M1 and 2 hours crawling along the A14 we arrived early evening at the Lion in Buckden the staff polite and fri..."
"The title says it all. There's an awful lot of room for improvement here...."
"The staff and the food were excelent the room was ok but a little tired. Main dissappointment was the bathroom. No hook to hang things on, c..."
"Booked the lion for a saturday night away, room 1 was excellent clean and very peacefull over looking court yard and church. Breakfast was f..."
About the hotel
The Lion is a 13 bedroom Coaching Inn dating from 1492. situated between St. Neots and Huntingdon, adjacent to the A1 in the village of Buckden.
All of our rooms are en suite, with direct dial telephones, hairdryer, television and tea and coffee making facilities.
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
When I stayed before I was in a 'lodge' at back of the car park.
This time single room in the main hotel. Single bed which was fine, and big bathroom. Shower was weak. No TV remote which was annoying but not the end of the world. The noise all night from a nearby boiler (?) was really too much. Positively the service was very good, the ambiance excellent and the food including breakfast very good. I would stay again but not in Room 2
Relax at the lion hotel
after a hectic drive down the M1 and 2 hours crawling along the A14 we arrived early evening at the Lion in Buckden the staff polite and friendly showed us our room which was a spacious double room in the anex .
The hotel is an old coaching inn and if you like your hotel with character and history you will not be disappointed. The restaurant was busy and with the quality of the food you can understand why, food was served promptly and the staff were friendly and helpful. the bed was comfortable and we slept well . Breakfast was included in the room price and was served with the same helpfullness as diner. i would certainly recomend this hotel, Also if you have a spare hour Buckden towers across the street are well worth a visit.