- 5 guest reviews
"We had a meal in the restaurant on Friday night , when we went down to eat on Saturday night we were informed no food was available due to a..."
"Single room with shared bathroom. The room was quite small but clean and adequate, the shared bathroom was quite a distance away and less cl..."
"Brilliant for the price and friendly staff..."
About the hotel
Affordable and friendly, traditional and welcoming, this intimate hotel offers comfortable facilities for the budget conscious traveller. The Winston Hotel is within easy walking distance of Southampton’s West Quay Shopping Centre and conveniently situated for Southampton’s Mayflower Theatre, Southampton Guildhall and Southampton General Hospital. For those interested in the city’s nightlife, The Winston Hotel is less than five minutes from Bedford Place, which features many of the city’s restaurants, clubs and bars, and a short walk or taxi ride from Oceana Night Club venue and the St.
Mary’s Football Stadium. Residents are welcome in the on-site restaurant and bar, which features home-cooked meals, friendly staff and televisions showing Sky Sports and Setanta. All rooms have colour television and tea & coffee making facilities. Some rooms offer hairdryers, iron/ironing board; however such items are available on request. Some Sky channels are also available in select rooms. Our aim is to make your stay as welcome as we possibly can.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 19/05/2009 to 19/05/2017 - Guests arriving after 10pm please contact the hotel to arrange check in W/END GROUP BOOKINGS REQUIRE A DEPOSIT OF £50 PR PN ON ARRIVAL AND PAID IN ADDITION TO ROOM CHARGE = 1+ RM INDIV OR GROUP BOOK The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
20% would recommend it to a friend
Lack of information
We had a meal in the restaurant on Friday night , when we went down to eat on Saturday night we were informed no food was available due to a private function .
So at 9.30 on a Saturday night we were driving around Southampton looking for a place to eat . The bedding was clean but the room was quite dated and shabby,(ie dirty carpet etc) the staff were helpful though .
Did not seem to be expecting us when we arrived.
Shown to an outhouse as a bedroom. To top it all when we went for breakfast they said we had not paid. Felt so shown up. We did get breakfast because he said he would give us the benefit of the doubt. Definitely would not stay again, the accommodation was not very nice at all. We booked because we were going on a cruise the following day and did not want to be travelling on the day in case we got held up somewhere. Also wanted to arrive at the ship feeling fresh.