- Very Good
- 36 guest reviews
"The whole experience of staying at The Grand was excellent, from its location on the seafront to its magnificent interior and comfortable ac..."
"Enjoyed two nights stay at the hotel and wished we could stop longer. Right on the front with terrific views across the Tynemouth. From chec..."
"Great Hotel. Fab Views...."
"Thoroughly enjoyed our stay Grand Hotel, Tynemouth. Lovely accommodation with friendly and helpful staff...."
"I am an experienced traveller, and spend pretty well every week around the world I booked this hotel blind, as I had never been to this area..."
About the hotel
The Grand Hotel, which was originally built in 1872 as a home for the Duchess of Northumberland, is majestically situated on a cliff top commanding some of the most stunning views of natural coastline in the country. The hotel is steeped in history and has been carefully refurbished with no expense being spared to create its own individual style of elegance and luxury. It offers a great base from which to explore the coastal areas, Newcastle City, and rural Northumbria.
We offer 45 luxurious guest bedrooms, many with stunning sea views. We also have an acclaimed Victoria Restaurant offering exciting dinners and great value lunches, a relaxed Drawing Room with sea-views and Copperfields Bar offering traditional home cooked meals. The Hotel has on its doorstep the award winning Tynemouth Longsands beach and is only three minutes walk from both the historic Tynemouth Priory and Castle and the picturesque village of Tynemouth. The latter featuring many bars, restaurants and village-style shops.
Showing Tuesday 6 October 2015 to Wednesday 7 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
An excellent privately owned hotel with character and in a superb location
The whole experience of staying at The Grand was excellent, from its location on the seafront to its magnificent interior and comfortable accommodation.
All the staff were very welcoming and consistently high standards were maintained during our stay. An ideal hotel for those visiting Tynemouth for the first time and who want to avoid the uniform corporate environment and impersonal service that is common to the well known chains. Thoroughly recommended.
Excellent room and friendly staff
Enjoyed two nights stay at the hotel and wished we could stop longer.
Right on the front with terrific views across the Tynemouth. From check in to check out the staff were friendly and always had a hello when you passed them. We have no complaints at all about the service or room condition and i would recommend this hotel to any one who is visiting the area. Tynemouth a beautiful place and this hotel is in the same bracket. Well done the Grand!. We will be back.