- Very Good
- 29 guest reviews
"Lovely and warm hotel with friendly staff. breakfast excellent and efficient service. Copper fields bar offered excellent food and cask beer..."
"The Grand is just that....grand! We stayed in room 328 which was an executive room with both a double and single bed with a separate seating..."
"The whole experience of staying at The Grand was excellent, from its location on the seafront to its magnificent interior and comfortable ac..."
"Enjoyed two nights stay at the hotel and wished we could stop longer. Right on the front with terrific views across the Tynemouth. From chec..."
"Great Hotel. Fab Views...."
About the hotel
The Grand Hotel, which was originally built in 1872 as a home for the Duchess of Northumberland, is majestically situated on a cliff top commanding some of the most stunning views of natural coastline in the country. The hotel is steeped in history and has been carefully refurbished with no expense being spared to create its own individual style of elegance and luxury. It offers a great base from which to explore the coastal areas, Newcastle City, and rural Northumbria.
We offer 45 luxurious guest bedrooms, many with stunning sea views. We also have an acclaimed Victoria Restaurant offering exciting dinners and great value lunches, a relaxed Drawing Room with sea-views and Copperfields Bar offering traditional home cooked meals. The Hotel has on its doorstep the award winning Tynemouth Longsands beach and is only three minutes walk from both the historic Tynemouth Priory and Castle and the picturesque village of Tynemouth. The latter featuring many bars, restaurants and village-style shops.
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely and warm hotel with friendly staff.
breakfast excellent and efficient service. Copper fields bar offered excellent food and cask beers. We actually added another nights stay and was disappointed to be over charged from agreed price. When I pointed this out to the receptionist she could not understand how I arrived at the price I told her I had been quoted. Eventually she reprinted bill and it had correct price, made me wonder if she was on the take. After setting our bill she did not evev ask if we had enjoyed our stay. This soured what until then had been an enjoyable stay.
Amazing location and hotel
The Grand is just that....grand.
We stayed in room 328 which was an executive room with both a double and single bed with a separate seating area. The bathroom was large with a great shower. What made the room though as the views across longsands beach. The food in the restaurant was excellent at breakfast along with the service. If I had one comment for improvement it would be that the rooms need an area for getting ready. There was no dressing table with a mirror where you could get ready which given we were there for a wedding was slightly inconvenient and I guess could be easily fixed. Wouldn't put me off staying again though and I have already recommended it to friends.