- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"I was at this hotel for two nights. On the first night, a Friday, a wedding was in progress and, while the staff were working very hard to p..."
"Homely hotel. Staff could not have been anymore helpful or friendly a real assets to the hotel. Food was great value for money. Will be back..."
"Good honest food at a great price, the room was clean and warm, the staff were friendly...."
"Room was well decorated and adequate . dinner prices were excellent . great service . would definitely return ...."
"Overall fantastic time only problem was no biscuits in room and UHT milk..."
About the hotel
Set on the tranquil banks of Loch Gare, The Ardencaple Hotel is a 19th century former coaching inn, close to the spectacular Loch Lomond and only 25 miles from Glasgow. A gateway to the Western Highlands, it is an ideal location from which to explore the dramatic Dunbartonshire landscape and waterways. Only 10 miles from Dumbarton, The Ardencaple is also within easy reach of Glasgow city centre and Glasgow Airport, a perfect stopover for doing business in the area or planning a last minute trip.
The hotel has free parking and a fully equipped meeting and function room for business meetings and away days. The hotel has 25 en-suite bedrooms including family and twin rooms, all equipped with flat-screen digital TVs, unlimited free Wi-Fi for guests, tea and coffee making facilities and a pub restaurant on site with a beer garden overlooking the Loch. A large function room is available. Located on the A814 between Rhu and Helensburgh, the hotel is the perfect location for trips to nearby Loch Lomond and the Sealife Centre, the Trossachs National Park and the Western Highlands.
- Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
A good stay
I was at this hotel for two nights.
On the first night, a Friday, a wedding was in progress and, while the staff were working very hard to provide service to the residents, there were inevitable slips in the quality and speed of service. It was also rather noisy. The second night was a great improvement. The staff couldn't be more helpful if they tried and this time it was reasonably peaceful
After arriving amongst workmen at front door we were guided to our room, not taken which was on the 2nd floor.
Stairs up to second floor were quite dangerous as the first one from the top was sloped. When we got in to the room it was clean but wardrobe and dressing table was chipped. The ceiling was very badly marked. Heaters locked on which made the air dry. We were charged 75.98 per night. The rooms on the website looked lovely but unfortunately the only good thing was the cleanliness.