- Very Good
- 47 guest reviews
"Good proximity to many places of interest. A quiet and pleasant base for exploring charming nearby towns and historical attractions. Althoug..."
"The Lambert Arms was a really nice find and conveniently placed not too far from the M40. The only downside was the fact that the guest room..."
"Loved this place. Great rooms, lovely food. Customer service a bit odd. No-one to greet you on entering, no obvious check in desk (not manne..."
"I liked the hotel and it was spacious and nicely decorated, however it doesn't state anywhere on the site that in order to get to the hotel..."
"Very friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. Decent sized bedroom with comfortable bed. Excellent dinner and breakfast. Will stay again...."
About the hotel
"AN ORIGINAL COACHING INN. . .
. AND PASSIONATE ABOUT FOOD Refurbished to an exceptional standard, The Lambert Arms is an original coaching inn just 15 minutes from Oxford at the foot of the Chiltern Hills - an area of outstanding natural beauty. You’ll find open fires, comfortable leather sofas, large patio area, real ales and outstanding food in a relaxed environment. There are 44 stylish and spacious bedrooms, plus conference and event facilities for up to 120 guests. The Lambert Arms is conveniently located just 500 yards from J6 of the M40, making it a popular meeting point between London and Birmingham. We pride ourselves on our friendly, yet professional style, and relaxed and informal surroundings and hope to welcome you to The Lambert Arms very soon. Food is a real passion at The Lambert Arms. We believe it is possible to provide outstanding food in stylish yet informal surroundings at sensible prices - we have built a reputation for doing just that. Our accomplished head chef and his team produce delicious, seasonal dishes with a big focus on locally sourced produce. Our menus feature imaginative modern British a la carte dishes, as well as traditional pub classics. We also offer mouth-watering bar snack menus and puddings that are quite simply, to die for! Bookings are essential in our restaurant, which is open 12pm - 230pm Monday to Saturday, 630pm - 9pm Monday to Saturday and 12pm - 6pm Sunday. In the last two years we have been awarded an AA Rosette and AA Breakfast Award. We have also been listed in this year’s Michelin Restaurant & Eating Out Guides. "
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 30/07/2009 to 31/12/2016 - OUR RESTAURANT IS VERY BUSY AND IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED TO RING IN ADVANCE AND RESERVE A TABLE TO GUARANTEE AVAILABILITY. FOOD IS SERVED ON SUNDAY FROM 12PM TILL 3PM AND 630PM TILL 9PM The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
74% would recommend it to a friend
Good place for exploring surrounding areas
Good proximity to many places of interest.
A quiet and pleasant base for exploring charming nearby towns and historical attractions. Although our room was spacious and clean, with a pleasant view of fields, the furnishing and decor were basic and dated. Our evening meal was very good and the service prompt and helpful. Breakfast basic, not well presented, with old crockery (chipped cups, use of coffee cups for tea) old and chipped. A big plus- the staff all very pleasant and helpful.
The Lambert Arms (J6 M40) - a Bespoke Hotel
The Lambert Arms was a really nice find and conveniently placed not too far from the M40.
The only downside was the fact that the guest rooms area did not have a security door.