- 28 guest reviews
"Shown to a horrible room to start with - lino on floor - wet room (an insult to the disabled - we are not disabled) which smelled very stron..."
"I pretty much agree with most previous reviews on Sandy Cove in that the setting is fantastic but the hotel feels unloved. I read somewhere..."
"The hotel is in the most glorious location and we paid extra for a superior sea view room. The view was simply breathtaking. The room itself..."
"Wonderful location view takes your breath away, staff friendly hotel room lovely but hotel doesn't seem loved enough, the old part of hotel..."
"The hotel is set in a beautiful location and we had a lovely sea view from our room. The hotel appears to be in the process of being updated..."
About the hotel
Wherever you go in Sandy Cove, you cannot escape our wonderful view. With stunning views across the bay, the hotel is enviably nestled at the gateway to magical Exmoor and within easy reach of the glorious beaches of the Atlantic. Throughout the week you will be tempted by our extensive 2 AA Rosette a la carte and bar menus all using fresh, locally sourced produce The indoor swimming pool features a sliding glass dome which means it can be used all year round and there is a leisure area with sauna, steam room and heated relaxation loungers all free of charge.
Children under 5 are free and children between the ages of 5 -14 who are sharing rooms with their parents will be only charged half price for breakfast. Dogs are accepted at a rate of £10 per night, they are allowed in the bedrooms (excluding superior rooms) and in the gardens but are not allowed in the public rooms. Please advise of any dogs at time of booking. FREE WIFI available throughout all the public rooms in the hotel.
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Bar
- Indoor Pool, Outdoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/01/2015 to 20/10/2019 - The Swimming Pool is closed between 2nd January to Mid March. Possibility of weekend weddings, evening in marquee in grounds (April - Mid October) music always finishes at midnight. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
64% would recommend it to a friend
THE SANDY COVE HOTEL
Shown to a horrible room to start with - lino on floor - wet room (an insult to the disabled - we are not disabled) which smelled very strongly of bleach.
Two weddings whilst we were there - very noisy - food mediocre - beautiful view which is why the hotel gets away with all that is not good!
Good service on reception but the Hotels badly in need of an update. Dogs allowed but not everywhere
I pretty much agree with most previous reviews on Sandy Cove in that the setting is fantastic but the hotel feels unloved.
I read somewhere that they were starting an update but apart from the reception area being quite nice I didn't see any signs of it. Our Room had worn dirty carpets and areas of peeling wall paper. The bathroom was very dated and not very clean plus the toilet lid was missing. It's the same story in the warren of corridors leading to the rooms with marked walls and worn carpets. The sound proofing between rooms and the corridors is also very poor. On a positive note the receptionist was very helpful and friendly. The Hotel also says it's dog friendly, and they are allowed in the grounds and in the rooms but not in the bar area so there's nowhere to sit with them if you want a drink . We got a last minute rate through Laterooms which to me was nearer the mark in terms of what they should be charging for rooms in the current state. Overall I wouldn't recommend it.