"There was no decaffeinated coffee at all to use in rooms - most disappointing. The room had a nightlight, thereby guaranteeing poor sleep, h..."
"The staff were very helpful on arrival, but the place is quite shabby and in need of a make-over. There is a serious problem with parking, a..."
About the hotel
This pretty hotel with Spanish and Mediterranean architecture offers comfort, value and first class facilities. The fabulous courtyard with a fountain and landscaped gardens are the perfect place to sit and relax. The warm and inviting reception is spacious and has a mezzanine floor where the restaurant is situated.
The Rafters bar is cosy, with a feature fireplace and houses a modern snack menu, and leads out onto the Courtyard. All 211 traditional styled bedrooms are en-suite. There is a Health and Leisure club where you can make the most of your stay, per session £4. 00 for an adult and £2. 00 for a child. The 13 Conference rooms have first class facilities and can hold up to 132 people. Wi-Fi is complimentary in public areas and chargeable* in guest rooms. *Two free sessions of 20 minutes followed by cost of £7. 00 per 24 hours. Transfers to the Airport are provided by taxi and cost approx. £9. 00 each way. Please contact hotel for details.
- Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Smoking allowed in bedrooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/03/2010 to 01/03/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
37% would recommend it to a friend
Dirty room, very poor customer service, rude staff member at the reception desk, incompetent manager
I've stayed at the hotel from Thursday to Sunday.
When I arrived my room was dirty, hair on the dirty bedsheet, condom on the floor, dirty bathroom. I've reported that to reception desk immediately. Staff member at the reception that night (01/09) had good customer service. My room has been swapped. New room was much more cleaner except that I have noticed dirty bathroom, hair in the bath tub etc but it was too late at night to pack again and ask for different room. Day 2, room has not been clean it was around upmarket when I got back from business meeting called reception several times - no answer. Went to talk with staff member at the reception and found him very rude and ignorant about dirty bathroom issue. He advised me that they will send someone to clean it and manager will give me call back. Staff member who came to clean showed up with wood polisher spray so I explained him that bathroom needs too be cleaned rather than furniture. Came again this time with air freshner mixed explaining that was all he could find. Went to speak to reception desk again, explaining that it should be antibacterial cleaning product rather than wood polisher etc. 3 hours later around 9pm manager called me asking what's wrong and explaining that it was misscomunication he also offered me a free breakfast. I didnt accept it. Next day room has been cleaned. 1. I'm not happy that I've been waiting 2 days for My room to be cleaned. 2. I don't think that offering free breakfast in this situation is appropriate, someone should come and sort out problem first even if its manager himself, rather then : "there is nothing we can do at this moment, someone will clean tomorrow, do you want a free breakfast?". 3. I'm not happy with miserable, rude, ignorant manager and receptionist. 4. I feel that my health and well-being has been put at risk by staying at your horrible hotel. 5. Even if you would let stay for free it wouldn't justify condition of this room and I do think it's health and safety issue. Also, I took some pictures if anyone would like to see them. Absolutely nightmare !
The room was a cheap room but I still expected a reasonable standard.
For such a big and busy hotel (Gatwick airport customers mainly) the room was terrible, tired, dirty and old. The toilet even had the stains from the previous guest!. I will not be staying there again even at £47/night.