- 34 guest reviews
"I found myself and my partner in crime stuck in reading. When I decided to use LateRooms.com and found this lovely hotel on the list, it's n..."
"Staff made this a great stay. Nice room. Little tired but a great view..."
"In its day this must have been a beautiful hotel. Someone needs to buy & refurb this place & it would be amazing..."
"Really accommodating and excellent room and food. Unfortunately let down by the previous guests smoking in the room so the room smelt of smo..."
About the hotel
Reading Lake Hotel is truly a unique hotel, set on a spectacular 33 acre lake, situated approximately 1. 5 Miles from Junction 11, M4 and 4 Miles from the Madejski Stadium the hotel is popular with both business & leisure guests. Following the completion of a £2million refurbishment in July 2006 the 4 Star Reading Lake Hotel offers complimentary car parking and spacious accommodation, with each bedroom having their own private balcony.
Bedroom facilities include TV (pay per view), mini-bar, in-room safe and Complimentary internet access via broadband. The Waterfront Lounge and Bar is open daily until late and the Lakeside Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast and Dinner. The hotel also offers 24hour room service. All bedrooms and public areas are non-smoking.
Showing Saturday 7 May 2016 to Sunday 8 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Fitness Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
53% would recommend it to a friend
Reading Lake Hotel - Formerly the Copthorne Reading
Great location but very, no very run down hotel, certainly not a 4 star more like 2 star.
Seems a shame to say the truth because there could be so much potential in this hotel. Also the link road to greenpark and brook drive is no longer open.
The hotel is in an attractive, lake-side location but it is in desperate need of refurbishment.
The room we stayed in was tired and the bathroom, in particular, was poor.
The pipe work and taps were rusting and there was some sort of duct tape on the towel rail. The door itself seemed to be damaged, possibly by water or just age.
The room itself was basic. The tv on the wall was so small you had to sit on the end of the bed to watch it. The bed mattress was uncomfortable and caused you to roll together In the middle. The pillows were old too. The general decor was below what you would expect. The breakfast choice was fair but the quality wasn't. Both accommodation and breakfast were poor value for money.