- 83 guest reviews
"We made a last minute reservation at the Reading Lake Hotel and we were pleasantly surprised with it's lovely location, whilst it has to be..."
"Hotel was lovely, but they were renovating the main dinning room, will go back in the summer to see the lakes in the sun and sit on the balc..."
"Quite satisfactory for a one night business trip. Staff were helpful and polite. The hotel location is quite pretty. The hotel could do with..."
"Staffs were amazing in this hotel. All staffs from reception on check in and out, all resturant and bar staffs. I could not have asked for b..."
"I booked this hotel at the last minute for an overnight stay prior to a business meeting in Reading. It was a freezing cold day and on arriv..."
About the hotel
Reading Lake Hotel is truly a unique hotel, set on a spectacular 33 acre lake, situated approximately 1. 5 Miles from Junction 11, M4 and 4 Miles from the Madejski Stadium the hotel is popular with both business & leisure guests. Following the completion of a £2million refurbishment in July 2006 the 4 Star Reading Lake Hotel offers complimentary car parking and spacious accommodation, with each bedroom having their own private balcony.
Bedroom facilities include TV (pay per view), mini-bar, in-room safe and Complimentary internet access via broadband. The Waterfront Lounge and Bar is open daily until late and the Lakeside Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast and Dinner. The hotel also offers 24hour room service. All bedrooms and public areas are non-smoking.
Showing Monday 25 May 2015 to Tuesday 26 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Fitness Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Reading Lake Hotel - Formerly the Copthorne Reading in Reading are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
53% would recommend it to a friend
Nice location, clean and good food
Don't fall for the glossy pictures and image the website gives you!!
Glossy website, highly acclaims itself. Reality. First impressions, totally shabby. Checked in around 1315 and asked about having lunch in the restaurant. I didn't think this was an unreasonable hour of day to have lunch. Reception told me vaguely the restaurant was closed and only sandwiches were available to order. According to the website, the restaurant is open until 1430!. A quick call to the wife, shared the details and she then called the restaurant direct to be told it was being refurbished and is closed, but now operating from the Waterfront Bar. Very poor communication. No mention of a closed restaurant on the website. Front Office staff who could not care less. I got in the car and drove to the nearest pub and gave them my business. Guess what happened when I return from meetings at 2130 and wanted to eat. Yep, drove 20 minutes to the nearest Indian restaurant to ensure I could eat. Rooms are appallingly in need of total upgrade. Totally worn out. Uncomfortable. Have stayed in better Travelodges. Summary. Don't go near it. Hotel needs closing down and total refurbishment.