- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"I booked my room very last minute and got an excellent rate. The hotel is very quaint but cosy and the bar food was lovely. Excellent breakf..."
"Strange decor, good (if expensive food), nice breakfast, excellent staff..."
"This hotel was recommended to us and we were not disappointed. If I had just one complaint it would be that the toilet in the disabled bathr..."
"Perfect stay - perfect accommodation Nothing was too much trouble. Room was perfect. Breakfast perfect - could not fault anything..."
"Lovely room... Only gripe is that it was very hot in our room......."
About the hotel
Set in the charming village of Pangbourne beside the River Thames, just minutes from the M4 and the vibrant city of Reading with good access to Newbury and Oxford, this luxury hotel offers free Wi-Fi, car parking and an AA Rosette winning restaurant. This offers a return to the opulence of the empire, where guests come to escape, do business, relax with friends or unwind in style. Beautiful handcrafted Indian furniture, rich oriental rugs and delicate fabrics all come together to create bedrooms which are individual in style but identical in attention to detail.
Each and every one has all modern conveniences guests have come to expect. Wi-Fi, flat screen TV with over 50 channels, DVD player with a selection of movies available and not to mention the speciality tea and coffee or the bespoke soaps and bubble bath. There are two dining areas, BaBar which has a bistro feel serving excellent local produce in a simple and classic manner. While the restaurant, Christophs offers an elegant fine dining alternative. You can even choose to dine alfresco in the enclosed garden weather permitting! The ethos continues behind the bar where you will find well conditioned ales from local breweries alongside more traditional tipples. The business facilities are elegant yet practical, travelling away on business shouldn't mean giving up on home comforts. There are three meeting rooms which can accommodate between ten and sixty delegates. The hotel has wireless network throughout, integrated audio technology as well as lots of natural daylight. Reaching the hotel is simple being within easy access to the M25, M40 and Heathrow. The surrounding area has plenty to offer, Pangbourne itself rests on the banks of the River Thames, and the meadow is a great walk next to the River with stunning views of the wooded Chiltern Hills. If in need of some serious retail therapy then Reading is the perfect place and with the train station within walking distance there's no need to worry about city centre driving. Thames Valley is awash with places to see and activities and London is only 40 minutes by train. No trip to Berkshire would be complete without a trip to the races, with Ascot, Newbury and Windsor all within close proximity this is the ideal location.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
A good experience at The Elephant Hotel
I booked my room very last minute and got an excellent rate.
The hotel is very quaint but cosy and the bar food was lovely. Excellent breakfast
It Could Be... But Isn't.
I had great expectations for The Elephant and on the face of it the welcome was friendly & the room looked good.
After a short while in my room I started to notice things that shouldn't be, for example, stains on the carpet, scuff marks on the wall (yes general wear & tear but easily corrected with paint), loose wallpaper, missing & dirty tile grout. These examples are minor, but when coupled with a very mouldy rubber shower screen strip, I started to wonder exactly how clean the room was. This thought played on my mind all night and as a result of that & the noisy extractor fans of the adjacent rooms, I didn't sleep well at all.
In addition to this, despite being offered an early breakfast to accommodate my plans, I was unable to enter the main building to receive it, even after phoning reception for help. When I was finally able to get into the main building I was made to feel as if I had lied about the locked door. I had no time left for breakfast & had to go hungry. I asked for a discount to acknowledge this service failure, but was told that breakfast didn't have a value & that the staff weren't allowed to discount the rates. I left a very disgruntled customer.