- Very Good
- 35 guest reviews
"We stayed in one of the inn's family rooms in the cottages opposite the main pub building. We were pleased to have an adjoining room to put..."
"Nice atmosphere and very friendly staff made our stay great...."
"Set in the heart of the town, perfect for walking and visiting the sights. A lovely spacious room with food on site and car parking...."
"Good value for money...."
"Stayed one night whilst son was playing in a Cricket tournament at Millfield School. Lovely place, spacious rooms, bar/restaurant area was r..."
About the hotel
The Bear Inn is a traditional pub in the small town of Street in Somerset. The inn boasts a spacious interior filled with cosy corners and a large garden and terrace to enjoy in the summer months. Food is served all day and our traditional menu and daily food offers mean you can be assured of great quality and value at every visit.
Street was a small farming community until the mid 19th century when Cyrus Clark set up his shoe factory and built housing and leisure facilities to provide for his workers. Now, the manufacturing arm has moved abroad and the old workshops have been turned into a retail village offering designer and high street clothes at outlet prices. The town is located in a rural area, less than 2 miles from Glastonbury and only 10 minutes from the M5. Our accommodation consists of 24 comfortable and spacious rooms situated either above the pub or in our neighbouring cottages. We are located a minute’s walk from the retail village at the edge of the town.
Showing Sunday 14 February 2016 to Monday 15 February 2016Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Translation Service
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
A pleasant stay
We stayed in one of the inn's family rooms in the cottages opposite the main pub building.
We were pleased to have an adjoining room to put our baby's cot. The bathroom
was spotless and had hand wash and shower gel supplied. Due to the nature of the cottage building we could hear the people below us particularly their television quite clearly which was a shame as we were unable to go out with the baby. Upon arrival we enjoyed an early dinner of rotisserie chicken which had an impressive selection of sides and was served quickly which was handy with our busy little person to entertain. Breakfast was good with a selection of cereals, fruits, yoghurts and juices to choose from before your cooked breakfast. The only real negative was the cleanliness in the pub that morning. We wanted to use the facilities to change our baby but the main toilets hadn't been cleaned from the night before and there was general debri (glasses on the pavement outside etc) which was a bit unpleasant to see. We fed back to staff so they were aware of our feedback and were limited with their cleaners only starting at 9am.
The Bear Inn by Marstons Inns
Nice atmosphere and very friendly staff made our stay great.