- Very Good
- 14 guest reviews
"The Duke of Edinburgh..."
"This hotel is lovely and full of charm. The rooms are very comfortable and large. Had an evening meal which was beautiful and breakfast was..."
"My partner and I stayed for one night at for mentioned accommodation and as soon as we came through the entrance we were treated at guests o..."
"Good location, large size room amd ensuite bathroom and comfortable bed, quiet at night despite being right in the heart of the town. Breakf..."
"Very clean, nice rooms. Received great service from the staff when checking in and out. Breakfast was okay nothing special but was a good st..."
About the hotel
This grand Victorian hotel was launched in 1871 as Barrow's landmark venue. Attracting dignitaries from across the globe including Charlie Chaplin, DH Lawrence and Cary Grant, the hotel enjoyed a legendary reputation in Cumbria. In 2006 the Duke joined the Lancaster Brewery stable of hotels and over an eight year period has been refurbished from roof to cellar.
It now offers 42 lovely en-suite hotel rooms, a grand cask ale bar and a lovely cellar dining & cocktail lounge. All this plus free parking in our private car park, free wifi and free breakfast for all our guests. Located in the centre of Barrow in Furness, 100 metres from the train station, just 20 minutes from the Lake District and in very close vicinity to South Lakes Safari Zoo.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Edinburgh
Stay in Barrow
This hotel is lovely and full of charm.
The rooms are very comfortable and large. Had an evening meal which was beautiful and breakfast was good with plenty of choice. The staff were very helpful especially the reception staff who couldn't do enough. There was also free parking which is always a bonus. Would stay her again and recommend to colleagues, friends and family.