- 115 guest reviews
"We stayed in this hotel for one night in room 211 at the front of the property and firstly the positives: Room rate was reasonable at £49 fo..."
"Good weekend despite no football.don't buy the breakfast.only toast .cereal and fruit.better value across the road.room very comfortable.sho..."
"Spotless room with all you need for a nights stay on business..."
"The Hotel was good overall. The price reflected the experience. The room was small but functional. No wardrobe, which I would have liked. Ba..."
"Fantastic cosy place..."
About the hotel
Wi- Fi is FREE FOR ALL !! THERE IS A £5 DEPOSIT TO BE PAID AT CHECK IN FOR EACH CARD KEY . ONCE THE CARD IS RETURNED AT CHECK OUT , £5 DEPOSIT WILL BE REFUNDED . Grainger Hotel is located less than a mile from the centre of Newcastle.
The night life in the city is legendary, with pubs, clubs and bars liberally scattered among the many restaurants. You may want to enjoy a night of live performances at the Theatre Royal, Tyne Theatre or maybe your favourite band is performing at the City Hall or the Telewest Arena. Graingerville's central location is ideal for all these attractions. If shopping is your bag, then why not experience the Eldon Square shopping centre in the City Centre or the famous MetroCentre, the largest shopping and leisure centre in Europe! The Metro Centre is just 3 miles south west of Newcastle. If you enjoy football, St James' Park is just a short walk away. After a good football match the walk back is perhaps a little longer! If the countryside is your tonic, then use Grainger Hotel as your base. You can be in the beautiful North East Country side within a few minutes and there is plenty to see to, the Angel of the North, Alnwick Castle of Harry Potter Fame, and much much more than this web site can do credit to. See the many bridges over the Tyne and most recently the Millennium bridge with it's winking eye! Newcastle also has the remains of a castle, you can see the remains of the walls and the Keep still exists. And don't forget Hadrian's Wall - you can see the remains of Roman forts and the wall itself. Grainger Hotel can be your base while you enjoy the delights of Newcastle City and the beautiful North East countryside. ''''Continental Breakfast is available @ £2/Person/Day''''''' . Car parking is available on site @ £5. 00 per night. Free WiFi Access available ( Grainger Hotel Does not take any responsibility if your device fail's to connect with wireless or if not able to find signals inside the Rooms ). Better reserve your room! ***IMPORTANT*** There is a fix charge of £120. 00 for smoking in the rooms. A 2% Transaction Fee is charged on all Credit/Debit Card payments.
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/12/2012 to 31/12/2021 - £5 DEPOSIT REQUIRED AT CHECK IN FOR CARD KEY A 2% Transaction Fee is charged on all Credit/Debit Card payments. A £2 charge is applicable for Continental Breakfast The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
57% would recommend it to a friend
Many positives but some negatives
We stayed in this hotel for one night in room 211 at the front of the property and firstly the positives: Room rate was reasonable at £49 for a double ensuite room Breakfast was good for £2 per person buffet style so you can eat as much as you like Room was well presented and the hotel looks as though it has had a revamp recently Areas to improve: Despite being summer the heating appeared to be on with no way to turn it off The bed was more like a 4ft rather 4ft 6 so a little snug for 2 people There is no wardrobe but a there is a hanger unit in the room In order to alleviate the heat during the night we opened the windows but the hotel is on a main road and the noise was loud from outside during the night The ensuite was nice but limited space to put down toiletries etc There is a charge of £5 per night for secure parking The hotel is about 10 minutes drive out of town so about £5 in a taxi.
The hotel seem to have made upgrades to improve the overall interior and this has worked but if you have a room at the front you cannot have the windows open due to the noise and there was no air conditioning in the room
Room Tip: Room at rear of property
You get what you pay for
The hotel is too far away from the centre.
What we saved in our night's stay we paid in taxi fares. The room had recently been refurbished, but it was very small. The bed was comfortable but no room for a shelf or bedside table
Breakfast was very poor