- Very Good
- 120 guest reviews
"Always a pleasure to stay at the King Charles Hotel. Staff so very friendly and helpful, rooms are so clean and tidy and we always get a gre..."
"Bed was very small and very uncomfortable breakfast very small and room very hot with only small window to open..."
"Room good. Shower fine and powerful. Eco Heating means temp cannot be adjusted, Possible problem with chilly morning's...."
"It could do with a face lift but it was clean. Dissapointed at breakfast as they had run out of some staple items and the plates needed topp..."
"Although the hotel decor looks somewhat dated it is clean and comfortable with friendly staff providing good value for money...."
About the hotel
The King Charles Hotel is a privately-owned, modern, 98 bedroom hotel. Rooms provide en suite bathrooms, satellite TV, and hairdryers. Free Wi-Fi is available in all public areas.
The King Charles’s restaurant provides traditional French and English cuisine, with à la carte and table d’hôte menus on offer. Guests can also enjoy drinks or light lunches with a large-screen TV at the hotel bar. The Hotel is set in the heart of Medway and Maritime Kent and is just 2 minutes away from Historic Rochester with it's Castle, Cathedral and Dickens Museum. Other sites of interest in Medway include Chatham Historic Dockyard, Fort Amherst, the Royal Engineers Museum and Dicken's World. Central London is just 30 miles away as is the Channel Tunnel and Ferry Ports. Other places of interest include Bluewater Shopping Centre, Leeds Castle and Canterbury. We are ideal as a base for exploring both Kent and London and make an ideal stopover for coaches heading to and from Europe. Our residents bar has been refurbished to a high standard and is now serving lunch and evening meals All bookings that are to be settled by a company card require a company headed fax or email direct to the hotel to authorise payment. Guests will not be granted access to their rooms until this has been received. Free on-site parking available.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 22/01/2014 to 31/12/2024 - All bookings that are to be settled by a company card require a company headed fax or email direct to the hotel to authorise payment. - The hotel will pre-authorize the card 48 hours before arrival The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Great place to stay
Always a pleasure to stay at the King Charles Hotel.
Staff so very friendly and helpful, rooms are so clean and tidy and we always get a great nights sleep followed by a wonderful breakfast.
Bed was very small and very uncomfortable breakfast very small and room very hot with only small window to open