- Very Good
- 235 guest reviews
"The hotel looks rather run down on the outside, but on the inside it is a perfectly acceptable budget hotel. There is a good sized car park...."
"Was a nice hotel not sure what is around as we was visiting family and attending a funeral so only stayed 2 nights but food was great and fa..."
"Like a lobster this hotel did not look much from the outside but we found all the staff we met were helpful and smiling, the room had bags o..."
"Good for short breaks...."
"Very reasonably priced and good location for local attractions. Food was good and also very well priced. Room was relatively clean and of a..."
About the hotel
The King Charles Hotel is a privately-owned, modern, 98 bedroom hotel. Rooms provide en suite bathrooms, satellite TV, and hairdryers. Free Wi-Fi is available in all public areas.
The King Charles’s restaurant provides traditional French and English cuisine, with à la carte and table d’hôte menus on offer. Guests can also enjoy drinks or light lunches with a large-screen TV at the hotel bar. The Hotel is set in the heart of Medway and Maritime Kent and is just 2 minutes away from Historic Rochester with it's Castle, Cathedral and Dickens Museum. Other sites of interest in Medway include Chatham Historic Dockyard, Fort Amherst, the Royal Engineers Museum and Dicken's World. Central London is just 30 miles away as is the Channel Tunnel and Ferry Ports. Other places of interest include Bluewater Shopping Centre, Leeds Castle and Canterbury. We are ideal as a base for exploring both Kent and London and make an ideal stopover for coaches heading to and from Europe. Our residents bar has been refurbished to a high standard and is now serving lunch and evening meals All bookings that are to be settled by a company card require a company headed fax or email direct to the hotel to authorise payment. Guests will not be granted access to their rooms until this has been received.
Showing Thursday 28 May 2015 to Friday 29 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 22/01/2014 to 31/01/2015 - All bookings that are to be settled by a company card require a company headed fax or email direct to the hotel to authorise payment. The LateRooms.com rates for King Charles Hotel in Gillingham are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
A convenient budget hotel
The hotel looks rather run down on the outside, but on the inside it is a perfectly acceptable budget hotel.
There is a good sized car park. The receptionist was friendly and helpful and gave a free upgrade to a family room as I had asked for a room in the quietest part of the hotel. The room was a reasonable size, with a double and a single bed. The bathroom looked like it had recently been refurbished. The room was clean and functional with plenty of free tea and coffee. There was a small TV for those that want such things, although it would not suit those that expect a TV to fill a whole wall. The room was quiet as described and the bed was reasonably comfortable. There was free WiFi. I used the residents' bar for an evening meal, and the prices were reasonable and the food fine. The included breakfast was also good. The choice was not huge but quite sufficient.
If you're looking for the shiny finish you get from one of the big chains, then this hotel is not for you.
If you are looking for somewhere convenient to stay at a reasonable price, then I would happily recommend this establishment to you.
A bit drab
Needs decorating and replacement of fixtures and fittings.
Staff were helpful.