- Very Good
- 56 guest reviews
"Comfortable and clean place to stay. Owners clearly take pride in the place. Great food...."
"We booked this at the last moment. The price was excellent, the rooms clean and well equipped, the breakfast was good, and the staff friendl..."
"Spent a night here during April.The lodge it very nice presented and the rooms are welcoming and feels homely..Friendly staff and very nice..."
"Excellent value and will stay here again whenever in the area or need a break off the M1..."
"A pleasant stay at the Boxmoor Lodge. Plenty of car parking, pleasant greeting at the reception, nice clean room although a little dark. Rea..."
About the hotel
Ideally located in the beautiful Chiltern countryside, this privately owned hotel & restaurant is but a short distance from the M1 and M25 motorways and a brief walk from Hemel Hempstead railway station that serves both London Euston and Birmingham New Street. For those on business, the Maylands Avenue and Buncefield industrial estates are a ten-minute drive away. The 25 en-suite rooms are all warm, inviting and comfortable with most of them featuring scenic views over the quiet and tranquil gardens.
All rooms include FREE Wi-Fi and satellite TV (including Sky Sports and movie channels), an iPod docking station, hairdryer, ironing facilities, trouser press and hospitality tray providing tea, coffee and biscuits. With rooms types ranging from good sized doubles to spacious family suites and elegant four-poster rooms, there is something to suit everyone whatever the occasion. The award-winning Conservatory Restaurant offers fine-dining in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. The Head Chef’s passion for creating wonderfully dishes is exemplified by the extensive use of fresh locally sourced produce and ingredients, including Mr Waller’s Aylesbury duck and Rickett’s Butchers fine meats. Such commitment has resulted in a seasonal menu that serves up a delightful array of contemporary and traditional English dishes. The Restaurant is open Monday to Saturday evenings from 6. 30pm and on Sunday from noon where diners can enjoy a traditional 3-course Sunday lunch. If you would like to dine in the restaurant please ask to reserve a table when making a booking. Please note that the restaurant is closed Sunday evenings, but a selection of sandwiches will be available. For those seeking leisure activities there are many options close by; the Snow Centre for skiing and snowboarding, riding stables and a number of golf clubs too. The hotel is also ideally located for visiting Woburn Safari park, Whipsnade Zoo, Waddesdon Manor and Warner Bros, Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter. The hotel is located in a 'Designated New Town' which means that it was completely redesigned and rebuilt after World War 2 though the 'Old Town' as affectionately referred to by residents is still standing. In the town, there is a plethora of things guests to the hotel can do such as The Snow Centre offering indoor skiing and snowboarding on a 160m main slope with perfect conditions all year around. For those looking for something a little slower, Little Hay and Shendish Manor both have 18 or 9-hole Golf courses with 'pitch and putt' and Little Hay also offers tuition.
Showing Wednesday 27 May 2015 to Thursday 28 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Great place to stay
Comfortable and clean place to stay.
Owners clearly take pride in the place. Great food.
A great get away
We booked this at the last moment.
The price was excellent, the rooms clean and well equipped, the breakfast was good, and the staff friendly. What more could we ask for?