- Very Good
- 12 guest reviews
"We booked to stay at the hotle rather than camp in the grounds for a busy weekends historical reenacmtnet event. As such we did not have tim..."
"We had a lovely stay, staff were very helpful and friendly, room clean and spacious, enjoyed a cycle around the grounds before relaxing in t..."
"Beautiful setting,comfy, luxury room, Artisan Whiskies, open fires, elegant unrushed breakfasts (families still asleep), with great breakfas..."
"The hotel provide an exceptional service for families with young children...."
"The Ickworth is really aimed at people with youngish children and is fantastically catered in that direction. We were without children and h..."
About the hotel
The East Wing at Ickworth in Suffolk was home to the Hervey family for almost 200 years. It has now been transformed into one of the most remarkable luxury family-friendly hotels the UK has ever seen. Famous for its vast skies, stunning coastline and delightful countryside, Suffolk boasts a wealth of treasures, whether exploring for the day, taking a short break or embarking on a longer holiday.
Ickworth is a luxury family-friendly hotel with spa and indoor swimming pool. The hotel is surrounded by 1,800 acres of National Trust parkland, which is perfect for family picnics, bike rides and walks. Enjoy a sophisticated and sumptuous adult-only affair in Frederick's Restaurant overlooking the Italian Gardens or choose creative but simple dishes for the whole family in our sunshine filled Conservatory. Please do book to avoid disappointment; this is the finest family friendly restaurant in Suffolk
Showing Thursday 28 May 2015 to Friday 29 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Indoor Pool, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Mountain Bike Hire, Tennis Courts, Table Tennis
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Games Console, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, CD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 26/01/2011 to 31/12/2014 - 30% deposit is taken at time of booking, remaning balance is settled on departure The LateRooms.com rates for The Ickworth Hotel & Apartments in Bury St Edmunds are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
We booked to stay at the hotle rather than camp in the grounds for a busy weekends historical reenacmtnet event.
As such we did not have time to enjoy the wide range of facilities on offer at the hotel. The facilities and grounds make this an ideal place to simply 'chill out' and recharge the batteries.
Beautiful Hotel in a beautiful setting
We had a lovely stay, staff were very helpful and friendly, room clean and spacious, enjoyed a cycle around the grounds before relaxing in the pool.
Didn't make use of the restaurant for dinner but did enjoy a snack lunch in the lounge. Sadly the visit was marred by the debacle of breakfast, quality of food was not good, think the order must have been mislaid as it took 40mins to get poached egg on toast, when it arrived it was basically 2 eggs on a slice of supermarket white bread - nothing special considering the quality of the hotel, orange juice had run out, no glasses anyway, selection of mini pastries was decimated when we got there and not refilled. The 'value for money' and 'quality of food' are a reflection on the breakfast only.