- Very Good
- 116 guest reviews
"Staff were very friendly & helpful, both dinner & breakfast were of a very high standard, very tasty, looked and tasted very good...."
"Hotel was a little tired in appearance. Inside was a good space. Room also a little tired, but comfortable and very clean. Only disappointme..."
"My husband and I had a very enjoyable evening to celebrate our anniversary. Even though the weather outside was wet and very wintery as midd..."
About the hotel
Situated just 100 yards above the centre of the village of Bowness on Windermere the Hydro Hotel offers wonderful panoramic views over the north of Lake Windermere and is close enough to the village for you to explore! Built in 1873 - the Hydro is a wonderful Victorian hotel tastefully modernised to cater for today's discerning visitors and in a building adjacent to the Hydro is our own indoor swimming pool, sauna, spa bath and gymnasium. The Hydro has 78 tastefully decorated bedrooms, all en suite with TV, tea making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press and computer point. The comfortable bar overlooks the lake and has a wide range of beers, wines and spirits all priced competitively.
The Hydro also has a large number of public rooms that make it an ideal conference and wedding venue. The southern fells of the lake district are just a short distance away and if you want to try something less strenuous then golf can be booked at Windermere Golf Club (tee times subject to availability) or why not try a cruise on the Hotel's 36 foot yacht on Windermere in the company of the resident skipper.
Showing Wednesday 27 May 2015 to Thursday 28 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 02/03/2015 to 30/04/2015 - Our Spa Facilities are closed for emergency Maintenance The LateRooms.com rates for Hydro Hotel in Bowness On Windermere are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Poor checking in experience
Overall we had a nice stay- the hotel is well positioned in Bowness with lake views, the room was clean and the breakfast was good.
Our first impressions and checking in experience was poor. Despite booking a standard double room we were told there were none available on arrival, and if we wanted a double room we would need to pay an additional £40 for a lake view double. A twin was available, which we were shown but it wasn't great, especially for a much looked forward to weekend away so we were shown the upgraded double. I asked the reception why a double hadn't been reserved for us as per our booking but wasn't given any kind of explanation or apology and was told I would need to pay the additional or take the twin. Luckily another guest arrived at the reception to complain at the same time - they'd booked a twin and were told only doubles were available so weren't happy with their room- we arranged to swap with each other. Customer service was lacking. We were also told on our booking confirmation that the pool etc was closed for works - but when we arrived it was available but we hadn't brought swim wear.