- Very Good
- 91 guest reviews
"Picked this hotel because of the location and the spa. We had a good weekend but the hotel wasn't the best. I could imagine it being great i..."
"We only stayed for the one night, but it was a really pleasant experience and the staff were incredibly friendly! Would definitely stay ther..."
"We have been to this hotel before at a wedding thought iit was perfectly situated in Windermere so we booked as guests to visit the staff we..."
"Room was clean and functional but dated, the TV was small and I am sure I booked a double bed but got a twin however on checking the receipt..."
About the hotel
Situated just 100 yards above the centre of the village of Bowness on Windermere the Hydro Hotel offers wonderful panoramic views over the north of Lake Windermere and is close enough to the village for you to explore! Built in 1873 - the Hydro is a wonderful Victorian hotel tastefully modernised to cater for today's discerning visitors and in a building adjacent to the Hydro is our own indoor swimming pool, sauna, spa bath and gymnasium. The Hydro has 78 tastefully decorated bedrooms, all en suite with TV, tea making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press and computer point. The comfortable bar overlooks the lake and has a wide range of beers, wines and spirits all priced competitively.
The Hydro also has a large number of public rooms that make it an ideal conference and wedding venue. The southern fells of the lake district are just a short distance away and if you want to try something less strenuous then golf can be booked at Windermere Golf Club (tee times subject to availability) or why not try a cruise on the Hotel's 36 foot yacht on Windermere in the company of the resident skipper.
Showing Saturday 29 August 2015 to Sunday 30 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Picked this hotel because of the location and the spa.
We had a good weekend but the hotel wasn't the best. I could imagine it being great in its day about 30 years ago. The room reminded me of a B & B in Blackpool that you'd pay £20 a night for. The Jacuzzi wasn't working either while we were there which only left the pool and sauna. The hotel had four coach loads of Japanese tourists there while we were there which I don't have a problem with as they were very polite and quiet. If your thinking of using the gym you have a selection of one treadmill a bike and a mat to do some abs on . Would I stay there again - possibly yes because of the location & the views!
changed rooms three times this as never been luxury 145.00 for a disgusting room very poor old cracked bathroom floors .mould.rotten windows will let you view yourself and no refund a extra charge of 20.00 the staff did try to help
avoid no luxury here