- Very Good
- 63 guest reviews
"Good aspects of our stay: Spacious room Plenty of storage space in the room Excellent price Brilliant location Lovely views of the lake and..."
"The first contact with the hotel was a phone call in the morning to ask if everything was okay as The Lakes was having a,bad time because of..."
"This was a late booking as we extended our stay in the Lakes an extra day. It was only their most budget room and was quite dated but you ge..."
"Picked this hotel because of the location and the spa. We had a good weekend but the hotel wasn't the best. I could imagine it being great i..."
"We only stayed for the one night, but it was a really pleasant experience and the staff were incredibly friendly! Would definitely stay ther..."
About the hotel
Situated just 100 yards above the centre of the village of Bowness on Windermere the Hydro Hotel offers wonderful panoramic views over the north of Lake Windermere and is close enough to the village for you to explore! Built in 1873 - the Hydro is a wonderful Victorian hotel tastefully modernised to cater for today's discerning visitors and in a building adjacent to the Hydro is our own indoor swimming pool, sauna, spa bath and gymnasium. The Hydro has 78 tastefully decorated bedrooms, all en suite with TV, tea making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press and computer point. The comfortable bar overlooks the lake and has a wide range of beers, wines and spirits all priced competitively.
The Hydro also has a large number of public rooms that make it an ideal conference and wedding venue. The southern fells of the lake district are just a short distance away and if you want to try something less strenuous then golf can be booked at Windermere Golf Club (tee times subject to availability) or why not try a cruise on the Hotel's 36 foot yacht on Windermere in the company of the resident skipper.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Low price, excellent location, needs some updating
Good aspects of our stay: Spacious room Plenty of storage space in the room Excellent price Brilliant location Lovely views of the lake and of bowness Areas for improvement: The receptionist was very polite but did not offer much information about available facilities No infomation in the room about available facillities Dead blue bottle in bathroom on arrival Bathroom door kept sticking when trying to open and close.
Room door was very loosely shut when locked
We only paid £148 for the roon for two nights therefore the room offered good value for money and we had a pleasant stay. The hotel would benefit from a bit of updating. To be fair to the hotel we did not complain about any aspect of our stay and I feel that if we had then the hotel would have taken steps to solve our problems.
Very small room
We had a room on the third floor - basically in the roof with very low sloping ceilings in the bedroom and bathroom and it was the smallest double room we have ever stayed in.
The signage to find the room was very poor and although their are lifts to reach our room you had to get 1 to the first floor then walk down the corridor to get another to the second and thirds floors.