- Very Good
- 53 guest reviews
"Absolutely fantastic. We booked it as a last minute thing, staff were very helpful, even gave us a free room upgrade to have a view of the l..."
"Very pleasant stay and friendly staff...."
"Enjoyed our stay. Excellent value, room very clean, lots of towels, toiletries and space. The room was a little dated but we requested a lak..."
"This obviously used to be a grand hotel. My husband and I had a basic double room which was very basic. Furniture was shabby, TV was from th..."
"Good aspects of our stay: Spacious room Plenty of storage space in the room Excellent price Brilliant location Lovely views of the lake and..."
About the hotel
Situated just 100 yards above the centre of the village of Bowness on Windermere the Hydro Hotel offers wonderful panoramic views over the north of Lake Windermere and is close enough to the village for you to explore. Built in 1873, the Hydro is a wonderful Victorian hotel tastefully decorated to cater for today's discerning visitors and in a building adjacent to the Hydro is our own indoor swimming pool, sauna, spa bath and gymnasium. Free parking and WiFi available for guests.
The Hydro has 78 tastefully decorated bedrooms, all en suite with TV, tea making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press and computer point.
The comfortable bar overlooks the lake and has a wide range of beers, wines and spirits all priced competitively. The Hydro also has a large number of public rooms that make it an ideal conference and wedding venue.
The southern fells of the lake district are just a short distance away and if you want to try something less strenuous then golf can be booked at Windermere Golf Club (tee times subject to availability).
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
68% would recommend it to a friend
Unfortunatly this place needs a certain update as paint flaking on walls outside and inside, carpets downtrodden and had toenails under our bed coupled with a pest control box (with a newborn baby this is dangerous).
Also the shower gourd was Unsafe. They did hoover and tried to fix but still not good enough.
We stayed in this hotel for four night with my 7 year old daughter , room was dirty and they have not changed bedding and no hover the dirty carpet in all four night stay.
All lightings were full of thick dust , seem never cleaned and carpet was stinky and dirty. Staff were good and helpful . On booking conformation they send us nice photo of they room but in reality other room on arrival .