This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Set in the heart of Northumberland just off the A1 boasts a highly regarded restaurant, traditional country bar, old charm accommodation with log fires, free Wi-Fi and ample parking. Once an elegant coaching inn this charming hotel is set in fine gardens at the heart of Northumberland’s scenic countryside providing guests with some of the finest quality service in the area. Situated halfway between the towns of Berwick upon Tweed and Alnwick this family friendly hotel provides an excellent base for exploring the outstanding beauty of the Northumbrian hills and coastline.
After a day out exploring this interesting and scenic county the ardent lover of the outdoors can return to a warm friendly welcome, relaxing in front of the log fire whilst enjoying great service in comfortable surroundings. All 28 rooms are on-suite and reflect the historic character of the hotel whilst providing all the modern conveniences expected by the discerning guest. Single, double, family and superior rooms are available all decorated to a high standard and well equipped to suit everyone’s needs, tea and coffee facilities, with some offering a view of the garden. The Garden Restaurant provides the perfect atmosphere whilst savouring award winning dishes created by a head chef whose reputation for using locally produced food is more than evident in the seasonal highly acclaimed menu you can enjoy the views of the garden and beyond. There is a large selection of wines available to accompany and compliment the exemplary menu. For those looking for a more casual dining experience, the Belford Tavern offers the traditional ambience of the English country pub together with top quality dishes and a bar well stocked with a range of ales, malts, vintage ports and brandies. The hotel offers multi-purpose function room’s ideal for both conference meetings and weddings which can accommodate up to 100 people yet can be intimate for smaller parties. Located in the historic picturesque village of Belford just a 5 minute drive from the A1 and only a short drive from the nearest town of Berwick upon Tweed with its local railway station. Alnwick Castle and gardens is also a short 23 minute drive to the south of the hotel. Newcastle airport is only a one hour drive away whilst Edinburgh city and airport are a 1hr 45mins drive from the hotel. Northumberland is a county steeped in history with ancient sites including Hadrian’s Wall on the Scottish / Northumbrian border, Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle and Budle Bay. Inland the hotel is just a short drive from the Northumberland National Park. The whole county is a place of natural beauty which surrounds the hotel with coastal attractions to the east and rolling green landscape to the west. Ideal for those wishing to explore the outdoors with a 9-hole golf course adjacent to the hotel and countryside suitable for walking, cycling or hiking. Further afield is the Northumberland National Park 1 and ½ hr drive from the hotel and sailing is available at Kilder Waters a 1 and 3/4 hour journey.
Showing Wednesday 27 May 2015 to Thursday 28 May 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Blue Bell Hotel in BELFORD are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet