- 127 guest reviews
"Initial thoughts were the room was excellent. However, when I went to plug in my laptop power supply and phone charger, there was only 1 plu..."
"if you are staying to travel onwards to the airport.The room was generous in proportions (double suite) with all the expected ameneties -tea..."
"The first room I got was musty. Not good for my breathing. I asked for it to be changed and they gave me a bigger, airier and more spacious..."
About the hotel
The Britannia Country House hotel is set in its own landscaped grounds and is in a prime location for easy access to all motorway networks. All 255 en-suite bedrooms are pleasantly decorated with wood furnishings; facilities including TV, Telephone, Trouser Press and Tea & Coffee Making facilities. There are two restaurants, of which include Jenny’s serving the hearty breakfast or a lighter continental style and dinner a traditional Carvery.
Alternatively try the Overstuffed Pizzeria is open each evening with a selection of pizzas, steaks and hot sandwiches. The main residents bar offers a tranquil atmosphere, great for a quiet drink. with light snacks being served during the day. The Leisure facilities here include a swimming pool, gym, sauna and steam room. The eight Conference rooms can offer first class facilities for any occasion catering for up to 360 people. 'LIMITED FREE WIFI' is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel. The hotel offers a 24 hour coach transfer to the airport, this service is charged at £6. 00 per adult, £3. 00 per child - return trip. Onsite parking available.
- Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Smoking allowed in bedrooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle, Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Secretary Service
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 01/03/2010 to 31/03/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
49% would recommend it to a friend
Initial thoughts were the room was excellent.
However, when I went to plug in my laptop power supply and phone charger, there was only 1 plug socket and it was the other side of the room from the bed. This meant I was unable to charge my computer or complete any work (phone needed charging) and when I wanted to speak to my wife, instead of sitting comfortably on the bed, I was left sitting on the floor in the corner of the room.
Room ok , had to complain second night about music
There was loud music second night, they said they thought it was from a function and would end at11.30pm.
Give up after another two call to reception 12.30. It got louder in the morning as I was leaving it turn out to be two down the hall. Told check out, just not interested.