- 135 guest reviews
"if you are staying to travel onwards to the airport.The room was generous in proportions (double suite) with all the expected ameneties -tea..."
"The first room I got was musty. Not good for my breathing. I asked for it to be changed and they gave me a bigger, airier and more spacious..."
"Clean friendly hotel. No cards at bar and bar was closed on our return...."
"We had looked to book the room on the Sunday but the cost was over £100. On the Monday the cost dropped to £69. Tuesday it was £79 and Wedne..."
About the hotel
The Britannia Country House hotel is set in its own landscaped grounds and is in a prime location for easy access to all motorway networks. All 255 en-suite bedrooms are pleasantly decorated with wood furnishings; facilities including TV, Telephone, Trouser Press and Tea & Coffee Making facilities. There are two restaurants, of which include Jenny’s serving the hearty breakfast or a lighter continental style and dinner a traditional Carvery.
Alternatively try the Overstuffed Pizzeria is open each evening with a selection of pizzas, steaks and hot sandwiches. The main residents bar offers a tranquil atmosphere, great for a quiet drink. with light snacks being served during the day. The Leisure facilities here include a swimming pool, gym, sauna and steam room. The eight Conference rooms can offer first class facilities for any occasion catering for up to 360 people. 'LIMITED FREE WIFI' is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel. The hotel offers a 24 hour coach transfer to the airport, this service is charged at £6. 00 per adult, £3. 00 per child - return trip. Onsite parking available.
- Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Smoking allowed in bedrooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Airport Shuttle , Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Secretary Service
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/03/2010 to 31/03/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Unfortunately not very good
We booked an 'executive room' what a joke to call it that.
1. The smallest TV in a hotel room I have ever come across. 2. The plug could not be removed from the plug hole after a bath. 3. Room was advertised with a Jacuzzi bath - it did not work. 4. No soap in the bath room
5. Very small table, not sufficient to work on
6. Furniture chipped, marked showing signs of age
7. Bed very hard and uncomfortable
Having stayed in many hotels this has to be one of the scruffiest.
Seems like a stop over for flight transfers to the med.
Hot water didn't work, wasn't told, no help offered and no discount offered.