- 332 guest reviews
"The hotel offers convenience and good value..."
"Have stayed here before, lovely hotel, really good value for money ...."
"Our room was a large suite which was a lovely surprise. It was clean and comfortable with lots of wardrobe space. The breakfast was also ver..."
"Very nice hotel, bed was so comfortable I had the bed night sleep. Only complaint was I booked a room with free internet and I didn't get it..."
"Stayed in a Superior room for an extra £10. Was large with seating area and large bathroom. Hotel is clearly not modern but enjoyed the char..."
About the hotel
Dating back to 1858 this City Centre grade II listed building is situated in the heart of City centre Manchester within a 5 minute walk of all mainline stations. All 363 bedrooms have recently been tastefully decorated and all furnished with TV, Hairdryer, Trouser Press and Tea & Coffee making facilities. There are some rooms that do not have a window but most of these have skylights, ideal for the budget conscious! The hotel also boasts two great restaurants that include Jenny’s Restaurant, with its excellent value for money 3-course Carvery Lunch and Dinner and The Overstuffed Pizzeria, with a varied selection of Italian Dishes and lighter meals in bright surroundings.
The Britannia Hotel Manchester also offers four bars, Cromptons being the residents bar, Jenny's serving the restaurant, the vibrant Waves Bar (open till late for residents and non-residents) and Bar Rogue, a popular Nightclub in the city centre. There are nine first-class Conference rooms available for any occasion and cater for up to 200 people. ‘LIMITED FREE WI-FI’ is free to all guests and is available throughout the building. Our multi-national reception staff would like to welcome you to our hotel.
- Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Smoking allowed in bedrooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/06/2013 to 31/12/2019 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
57% would recommend it to a friend
Functional, but very dated and impersonal
Long queues to check in.
Windowless rooms with noisy, ineffective air-conditioning units. Broken soap dispenser in shower and no other toiletries provided. Room generally tired, although at least clean. Not worth £149. More like £49 in line with Premier Inn / Travelodge / IBIS who all do it better. Disappointing and not to be repeated.
Terrible Even Dangerous
Room was boiling hot and there was no way to cool it down.
It stank of smoke. The electrical sockets weren't working and I had to fiddle with the fuse box to get them working. The fusebox was uncovered and on the floor next to the shower!!!!!