- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"The dining room and bar area were good ,but I feel some of the bar staff could do with more training as we ordered a drink from there menu a..."
"Lovely location,friendly staff & very good food.Quality of room only gets a 4 because bathroom had a stale smell from the waste pipes,could..."
"our stay was all we hoped for the area was peaceful and the river running by the restaurant windows made the evening meal and was a refreshi..."
"After travelling for 6 hours on a fogbound night and arriving at 9:20pm, I was greeted by 'I'm sorry we stopped serving food at 9pm'! My ro..."
"We had a room on the first floor which was in the roof space and had a huge beam running through the middle. The view of the river and bridg..."
About the hotel
The Fisherman's Cot nestling on the banks of the River Exe at Bickleigh is one of the most picturesque inns in the South of England. Its superb location makes it an all-year-round choice for locals and visitors alike. Ideally located between the city of Exeter and the old market town of Tiverton, it boasts beautiful gardens and areas where customers can enjoy the stunning river setting.
The Fisherman's Cot is a fantastic setting in which to enjoy the wide variety of traditional food and drink or its famed scrumptious Carvery. The rooms have been extensively refurbished in the summer of 2008 and now offer free WiFi throughout, flatscreen digital TVs and luxurious bedding. Ideally located between the city of Exeter and the old market town of Tiverton, it boasts beautiful gardens and areas where customers can enjoy the stunning river setting. The main appeal of this beautiful area of Mid Devon is the local walks particularly the Grand Western Canal Country Park. The 11-mile walk along the banks of the River Exe offers horse drawn barge trips. There's also local fishing on the River Exe, pony trekking and the famous 14th century Bickleigh Castle. Tiverton is the main town, the largest in mid Devon and famous for Blundells School. It also has its own Castle, built in 1106 on the orders of Henry 1 and there are 15 galleries in the Tiverton Museum covering agriculture, architecture and archaeology.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Room could have done with more drawer space ,and it really needed hoovering as there were bits .
The dining room and bar area were good ,but I feel some of the bar staff could do with more training as we ordered a drink from there menu and the lad was unable to produce it.
Great countryside location
Lovely location,friendly staff & very good food.Quality of room only gets a 4 because bathroom had a stale smell from the waste pipes,could have done with some bleach.