- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"I booked through LateRooms on their filter 'Smoking in rooms allowed' and arrived to find the hotel is totally non-smoking so very unhappy...."
"We travelled by train to Dublin from Portadown for a concert ,to the North Star Hotel and were pleasantly surprised by how close it was to t..."
"The heating did not work in the first room were in. Otherwise the room suited us perfectly. Once the problem was reported we were quickly mo..."
"We had a really lovely stay at the hotel, very clean and the customer service is brilliant! Would definitely book up again!..."
About the hotel
The North Star Hotel is a 4* deluxe city centre hotel located in the heart of Dublin, opposite the Irish Financial Services Centre (IFSC), Connolly Railway Station and Luas tram ( direct tram to 02 venue) and around the corner from the central bus station (Busarus). The Aviva Stadium and the RDS is a short trip on the Dart across the road at Connolly Station. The hotel is in short walking distance from 02 Venue (10-15 Minutes) Temple Bar, O’Connell Street, The Gaiety Theatre, The Olympia Theatre, The Grand Canal Theatre, The Convention Centre, Trinity College, shopping districts including Henry Street and Grafton Street.
For all Rugby, GAA sports fans and concert goers the North Star Hotel is 10 minutes from Croke Park Stadium. This comfortable and friendly hotel originally built in the early 19th Century and immortalised in James Joyce’s masterpiece Ulysses boasts 161 bedrooms to date. The original Georgian building encompasses 35 standard bedrooms while the contemporary modern block at the back of the hotel contains 85 air-conditioned Executive rooms and 55 air-conditioned contemporary Premier Club Rooms and Suites, Conference facilities, business centre and an Exclusive 7th floor Premier Club Hospitality Lounge affording spectacular view of Dublin City’s skyline. The hotel has a range of facilities including hotel bar incorporating a heated smoking area, restaurant, gym, saunas, resident lounge and much more. Dublin newest cookhouse eatery & bar offers the best in fine Irish cuisine. At the McGettigans Cookhouse & Bar we are committed to using the finest quality ingredients and we believe that North County Dublin has some of the the best farming land and producers in this country. The hotel is also home to one Dublin's top concierge who is always willing to help guests with any queries, including bookings for city tours etc many of which pick up directly from the hotel.
Showing Saturday 10 October 2015 to Sunday 11 October 2015Change Search
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music
- Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Business Traveller with needs
I booked through LateRooms on their filter 'Smoking in rooms allowed' and arrived to find the hotel is totally non-smoking so very unhappy.
The hotel staff were excellent and helpful and upgraded me to a room with a balcony which suited me perfectly and I hadn't expected an upgrade. The room was lovely, the service from the hotel was fantastic, I went for a nightcap glass of wine to the bar to take to my room - it was a bit small, but the barman suggested a small carafe which wasn't expensive and was perfectly the right size. From a unhappy arrival, I left a happy customer. I'd recommend this hotel - they really look after your needs..
Average 4 star at best
Nothing special, not the greatest service, very basic room.
Would not recommend, plenty of other hotels in the area.