- Very Good
- 76 guest reviews
"We chose the Prince Rupert as a base from which to travel into Wales and to discover sites on the journey to and from Shrewsbury. The staff..."
"Very interesting, quirky building, which we much prefer to 'chain' hotels. Great location in a cobbled street - very central. We were met wi..."
"Hotel has lots of character, we stayed in the prince rupert suite with a lovely 4 poster bed and a free standing bath, room was lovely very..."
"The Prince Rupert is perfectly situated in the heart of the old town. We were upgraded to a suite in the old 12c part of the hotel which was..."
"The short stay at the hotel was excellent, we will most certainly stay here again. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful and the hotel was..."
About the hotel
The historic grade II listed Prince Rupert Hotel is situated in the very heart of medieval Shrewsbury and just a short stroll from the individual shops and many tourist attractions. Surrounded by narrow cobblestone streets and black and white timbered buildings it provides the perfect base to explore beautiful Shrewsbury. A warm and friendly welcome is always provided to all guests with a glass of sherry on arrival.
With the heritage of the hotel dating back to the 12th and 15th century, character and charm abound with sloping floors, exposed Tudor beams and a restored Jacobean staircase. Privately owned for many years by Michael & Diane Matthews, the hotel offers a great choice of dining all with a focus on fresh local produce. The Royalist is ideal for a special occasion with an a la carte menu together with a superb wine list. Chambers brasserie is renowned for its traditional British menu at sensible prices and located at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens of St. Alkmunds square, Camellias Tea Rooms offers an extensive menu selection including traditional afternoon tea served on a three tier cake stand. A charming place to relax to the sound of a grand piano. On arrival to the hotel, please hand your car keys to Reception, where one of our Hall Porters will valet park your vehicle to the 'Belmont Bank Car Park' (our own private car park). This is located approximately 200 metres from the hotel, or about 3 minutes by foot. Should you require your vehicle returning at any time, please give Reception 30 minutes notice and they will arrange this for you. Alternatively, if you would prefer, a member of staff will be able to escort you by foot and open the car park security barrier. VALET PARKING SERVICE As a resident at The Prince Rupert Hotel, you are able to make use of our private car park at a discounted charge of £5 per vehicle per night, with subsequent nights charged at the reduced rate of £2. 50 per vehicle per night.
Showing Monday 5 October 2015 to Tuesday 6 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Gymnasium , Sauna , Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car Parking Available Offsite , Valet Parking
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 22/10/2014 to 31/12/2023 - VALET PARKING SERVICE: As a resident, you are able to make use of our private car park at a discounted charge of £5 per vehicle per night, with subsequent nights charged £2.50 per vehicle per night. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
A lovely memorable experience
We chose the Prince Rupert as a base from which to travel into Wales and to discover sites on the journey to and from Shrewsbury.
The staff could not have been more helpful and we thoroughly enjoyed travelling back in time, but with all the mod cons expected from a city centre hotel.
Very interesting, quirky building, which we much prefer to 'chain' hotels.
Great location in a cobbled street - very central. We were met with a welcoming glass of sherry and were welcomed warmly and courteously. Becki was very helpful before we travelled and we were kindly given an upgrade to a suite, as it was our wedding anniversary. Staff showed us personally to our room and carried my luggage. We ate out that evening, so cannot comment on the meals in the restaurants, but breakfast was excellent, with plenty of choice.