- 51 guest reviews
"I booked this room for a colleague from France who was visiting. I was very surprised when I arrived to drop him off that the bar and Restau..."
"Overall the Hotel is understaffed and very busy with 'outsiders' using the hotel. First evening meal was very good, breakfast next day was i..."
"Well where do I start! 3 star really? I have stayed in 3 star many times and sadly Himley does not reach my understanding of 3 star. Our ini..."
"Great Hotel for looks, atmosphere, cleanliness and accessibility (parking and near to places - can't vouch for physical access, we were on t..."
"A nice room, with a comfortable bed, good Wi-Fi and excellent shower. Peaceful nights sleep and a great breakfast in the morning, all for a..."
About the hotel
Set in a landscape sculpted by Capability Brown, the Grade II listed Himley House is a splendid Georgian hotel, the former lodge house for the 18th century Staffordshire mansion of Himley Hall, once home to the Lords of Dudley. With extensive landscaped grounds bordering a lake, and attractive interior features including a spiral staircase and four-poster bedrooms, The Himley House is the perfect hotel for a relaxing break or special occasion. Himley is a small rural village with some local amenities, historic Dudley and Stourbridge are less than 5 miles away and bustling Wolverhampton is a 15 minute drive.
The beautiful Severn Valley and its Heritage Railway, Dudley Zoo & Castle and the Black Country Living Museum are all within easy reach. Himley Park, just next door to the Hotel, is the perfect place to stroll in the 180 acres of public grounds, landscaped by Lancelot Capability Brown in the 18th century. The Park includes the Great Pool, waterfalls and an ice house.
Showing Sunday 29 November 2015 to Monday 30 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
61% would recommend it to a friend
Refurbishment in process
I booked this room for a colleague from France who was visiting.
I was very surprised when I arrived to drop him off that the bar and Restaurant were closed and my objective had been to find him somewhere convenient to stay with all he could need on site. This was not the case and nothing had been stated prior to arrival.
He did say however that the room was very good, and recently refurbished and that he had been able to eat in the pub over the road, in the evening and he did have a continental breakfast provided, but it was not the experience I planned for him. He did say he would be happy to stay there again but only when the work is complete. Disappointed no one told us of the ongoing work......
The accommodation was basic, clean but shabby, a coat of paint would have improved things a lot.
The quality of the food was poor. The description of the location was misleading, making you think that there was parkland accessible to the guests, but it was all fenced off and part of an estate.